“Intimate, tasty, friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
London, United Kingdom
“Intimate, tasty, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Eating in this tiny restaurant is like eating in someone's kitchen, in a good way. Friendly French owners were very welcoming, and the menu is not rigidly fixed - don't be shy to ask for what you want!

Only grumble was the cheese in my briaoutes tasted a little off. Veggie briaoutes were great, though!

It's pretty small, so I would make a reservation to avoid disappointment.

Visited October 2012

89% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Simple fresh food at sensible prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I only stopped for a drink but could not resist trying something from the menu that was so different to many others in the area.

A varied menu with some staples but also a changing daily menu to make the most of the fresh ingredients available.

My first visit here I had the homemade fresh pasta pesto - it took a little while to come but then it should as it was being freshly made and I was not disappointed. Good portion size, lovely texture and great flavour. I followed this with the Orange Mousse - this was more an icecream/sorbet combination which was creamy enough to add a bit of richness whilst not overpowering the orange which help clean the pallate after the pasta.

I enjoyed my meal there so much that I returned another day. This time I had the combination of pastilla - cheese, fish, chicken. It was very good although I do wish I'd tried the pigeon one instead. I finished, on the recommendation of the people at the next table, with the chocolate tarte. This was very good but would have been improved if served with some icecream.

Although situated on a tiny side street it was still a pleasant place to sit outside and enjoy your meal with some people walking by but not soo many that you felt uncomfortable.

The female chef (one of the owners possibly) spent time talking to the customers when not busy in the kitchen, giving the place a very friendly and informal feel.

Would I eat there again?
Suitable for - singles, couples, small groups, families.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“A great find in Essaouira”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We visited this restaurant a couple of weeks ago with friends who live in Essaouira. We were not disappointed.
Our group consisted of meat eaters, fish lovers and vegetarians and there was something for everyone.
Everything was freshly made and very reasonably priced. We had a range of dishes including vegetable and cheese briwats, pastilla, sardine kefta and camel couscous and we also managed the wonderful desserts, which included plum tart and chocolate tart.
The service was excellent, both the owner and the waiter spoke English and were very friendly and pleasant.
I will certainly return here next time I am in Essaouira and I have already recommended it to several friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased to eat at this little bistro just off one of the main streets. The pigeon pastilla was excellent; crisp filo pastry and a good balance of sweet and savoury. My friends fish dish was also excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Essaouira, Morocco
“As fresh and local as you can get!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Delicious homemade food with fresh ingredients and friendly staff in the Essaouira medina. Frederique and her team greet you with a smile and a daily specials menu of dishes made from and inspired by local ingredients and cuisine. As much as possible of the menu is homemade and many ingredients are sourced from local farms, cooperatives and associations. We sat outside in the shade of the alleyway. Inside, the restaurant is small but cosy. The restaurant is also a good address to inform yourself about walks around the local countryside, visiting argan oil cooperatives and local Berber families. Wifi is available.

• Visited September 2012