“No Heating at Winter” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis El Jadida

Save Saved
You added Ibis El Jadida to your Saves list
Ibis El Jadida
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Place Nour El Kamar | Route de Casablanca, El Jadida 24000, Morocco   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in El Jadida
Toronto, Canada
“No Heating at Winter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Staff are very much accomodating, food in the restaurant is just average but expensive. The 1st room they given to me has no heating, water is cold and no clothing hangers. Washing soap is not enough, although shampoo is good. Shower is miserable, water leaks around the toilet bowl.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arboleas, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Easy to find coming off the motorway. It is literally across the road from what appears to be a very child & swimming friendly flat sandy beach.Bit of confusion re cost of room. Tried to charge me full amount, not internet price, but it was soon sorted out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good beach front location. Staff very helpful. I am currently staying for a conference at the university and it is very convenient for that. I can understand the unhappy reviewer who was here for 4 weeks - I think that would drive me crazy too but I am just passing through. Breakfast is mediocre. I have not tried the restaurant and am cautious based on other review however there are surprisingly few restaurant options in El Jadida - many coffee an tea shops but few serve food.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I've been here for three weeks and unfortunately have one more week to go. Couldn't wait until leaving to leave this review. The last few days I have had food poisoning although I cannot prove it was caused by eating in the restaurant good indications towards it are the Luke warm food, dirty plates, dirty cutlery and flies on the uncovered food at the breakfast bar. I have resorted to eating tinned food from the supermarket.

• Stayed July 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stunning ocean location at the front, but the petrol station just over the flowered wall at the back was something of a contrast. Since it was Ramadan, many town restaurants were not fully operational, so we ate one evening meal at the hotel, which was a pricey and very disappointing tajine. Breakfasts were fine, but I wish they had twigged how many well-heeled guests were filling plastic bags from the buffet - for later. It was in some way quite embarassing to see such apparently well off and presumably law abiding visitors openly engaging in pilfering.

Our room was fine, if a little small - but the staff were helpful and accommodating when we exteneded our stay and moved to a seaview room I never did get back the comb I left in our first room.

We love Morocco and would dearly love to know how much the silent posse of hardworking chambermaids were earning. We paid European prices and bet the Moroccan staff are paid Moroccan wages. A massive discrepancy.

Who gets the enormous profits from these places?

Room Tip: ask for a seaview room. There's no extra charge
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The room was functional rather than luxurious, but I slept well. It was quiet with a lovely, large traditionally tiled shower and plenty of hot water.

The free wifi was problematic. I couldn't get a signal in my room and had to sit downstairs in a pleasant lounge opposite Reception. As far as I could tell there were no smoking restrictions in this public area of the hotel, and I had to endure the smell

I didn't appreciate the noise from the plasterer at work on the corridor wall outside my door in the late afternoon, or the mess which was left on the carpet

Room Tip: The rooms facing the sea have a better view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Casablanca, Morocco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

My girfriend and I tried to stay at this hotel but even if we had booked it on ibis' website without any kind of warning, the front desk woman refused us to access our room because my girfriend and I (I'm french) are not married. I wrote to Ibis to ask why certain ibis hotels acted like this (it's the law in morocco) and some did not, they just told me it was the low and it was to prevent to help prostitution.
All this story is not about watching the Moroccan law, this hotel brakes some other laws, it's just about judging people to force them booking one room per guest.
if you don't want your girlfriend to feel treated like a prostitute just avoid this place
there are plenty out there that won't act like this at all.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ibis El Jadida? Share your experiences!