“Great holiday but a long way to go!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Choisy Rd, Poste De Flacq, Mauritius 02300   |
Special Offer
CONSTANCE HONEYMOON OFFER
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poste De Flacq
“Great holiday but a long way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the 4th time of staying and it was lovely to see so many friendly faces being staff & returning customers. The last time we were there we were very disappointed but they had taken on a lot of our comments and improved things. The hotel has been given a makeover and have added a new pool and floating bar. The food is exceptional and the access to 2 golf courses is ideal. The team here almost know what you want before you do. It really is a very special place

• Stayed October 2013
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having spared your valuable time in sharing your holiday experience to other potential travellers on the site of 'Trip Advisor'.

I do hope that you enjoyed your stay knowing that you are part of the Constance family now and it is always pleasure and honour to look after you.

Whilst the hotel was closed for renovation last year during July and August, we did consider a lot of comments received from our guests in view of improving our facilities and services - I am glad that you did notice this.

We wish to thank you for your loyalty towards Constance Le Prince Maurice and will look forward to welcome you again for a fifth visit in the near future.

Kind personal regards,
Christophe Plantier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

How lucky were we? British Airways Club Class (via Nairobi) all the way and then a private helicopter to take us to our hotel. The secluded retreat we were offered was just heaven. We were also lucky in that it was what I can only describe as being 'off season', which meant that it wasn't crowded at all, and we were looked after really well. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken some time in writing a review about your holiday at Constance Le Prince Maurice.

I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I can assure you our best attention in whichever period you choose to stay and you will always be looked after by the team.

We do hope to welcome you soon again for another holiday

Kind regards,
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just returned from 10 days holiday- we had a wonderful time and like many others I feel that it is difficult to say something original. We loved our beach view rooms which were on the edge of the resort so peaceful and undisturbed. Beautiful grounds and beaches, loved our strolls to the lagoon with such amazing fish. Great swimming pools and we all took advantage of the many watersports and other activities included. The staff were extremely helpful at all times. Rooms beautifully clean and service morning and evening faultless. Staff were helpful, polite and efficient. Food was generally of excellent quality especially the breakfasts. Our only criticism was that service was slow during dinner on two (out of 10) occasions. A minor criticism however as overall we had a wonderful holiday in this excellent hotel. We feel lucky to have been able to experience this and would love to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

We thank you for having spared some time in writing a review on this traveller's platform.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed a relaxing holiday with the family whilst also taking advantage of the different facilities that we provide.

I also wish to thank you for your valued feedback and we have already reinforced the service standards in our restaurant during dinner to ensure consistency at all times.

Once again, thank you for your visit and we will look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We are here for my 50 years old.
All is fantastic and you feel in Paradise. The place, the Sea and the Service are unbelievable !! We just arrived but you can understand that it could be a place to stay for the rest of the life. OF course the life out the Resort IS very hard for the site people.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I with to thank you first and foremost for having chosen our hotel as your holiday destination during your holidays in Mauritius and of course for the special birthday celebration.

I am very glad indeed to see that you thoroughly the hotel and the services that we offer.

I do sincerely hope to have the honour of welcoming you back for another stay at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' Hotel.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Prince Maurice for the first 2 weeks of August, and had the great pleasure to have one of the beach villas along the water. Spacious, beautiful, comfortable! I really enjoyed the villa for the little "plus"……. of having a private pool and an outdoor shower in a private garden off the back side of the villa. Really quite nice!!
I could go on an on about our trip, because it was the single best vacation I have had in terms of location, service, hotel, food, and atmosphere. The beach lovely & well kept, beach service great (Laval & Owen) , hotel staff friendly-warm-helpful-always present-kind, hotel is beautiful and very tastefully decorated, food fantastic, and the atmosphere is very relaxing & easy going. Even saying this I don't feel I am doing justice to the Prince Maurice, but it was a perfect hotel holiday experience!
The food and restaurant portion of our stay was exceptional. The menu is overflowing with amazing dishes, and the quality is impressive. Each meal was a pleasure! Plus the Sommeliers, Jorald and Jonathon, were great. Very helpful & knowledgeable.
We also used the gym and spa a great deal. The gym has everything, and there are people always on hand to assist with your work out. And for yoga lovers, there is a super yoga teacher there that can give one on one classes and leads sunset yoga on the beach. The spa treatments were fantastic. I wish I could remember the massage therapist's name, because he was incredible. And the body treatments were quite good too. I think i tried almost everything on the spa menu!
In short, first class quality & service in a very relaxing and casual atmosphere.
Also, The management staff is always around in a very welcoming way. I think what struck me most by this trip was that the people were so sincere, whether they were wait staff, housekeeping, gardeners or management, and the energy of the hotel resonated this……warm, sincere, kind. This is not common in the hotel industry, so I was aware of this daily. Good service is good service, but a sincerity behind it is something special. Perhaps that is why our trip was PERFECT!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you firstly for having spared your valuable time to write a review on the site of 'Trip Advisor'.

I can understand that you enjoyed the hotel's different facilities and that you kept good souvenirs of these special moments but as well as the different staff members who assisted you throughout your stay.

Our passion is driven by turning guest's dreams into emotional experiences and I am glad to see that many team members did go the extra mile whilst always being sincere in their approach, did manage to make your stay memorable.

I shall be most delighted to welcome you back for another stay at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' Hotel in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just got back from 11 days at Hotel Constance Le Prince Maurice. It was my first visit to Mauritius and I enjoyed every minute of my holiday.
The beauty and atmosphere all over the hotel was very special with professional and perfect service. Restaurants, food and service were amazing. Management and staff were very nice and friendly. I felt I had never before been so well taken care of.
The Spa was excellent and very relaxing with high quality treatments.
Golf courses were only 15 minutes away by shuttle.
I stayed in a beautiful Junior suite with perfect service.
In summary: I can higly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday.
/ Ms B Fernow, Stockholm, Sweden

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ms Fernow,,

I do hope you had a safe flight back after the few days spent in our hotel recently.

I wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel as your holiday destination but also to have spared your time to write about it on this traveller's platform.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel and it's different facilities provided and to know that we managed to meet up to your expectations.

I hope that you will consider to visit us again in the near future and I shall be most delighted to welcome you again for another relaxing holiday at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' Hotel.

With kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had recently stayed one week at the gorgeous Constance Le Prince Maurice with the entire family of 8 adults, 1 teenager and 4 young children. Everyone was highly impressed with this top property in Mauritius and it is truly one of the very best resorts we have ever experienced.

Being frequent travellers ourselves, we are particular about the entirety of a hotel experience - the hardware (i.e the rooms), the ambience and facilities, food quality and great service. For us, true luxury is when all these are combined and delivered in a highly consistent manner to the guests. Constance Le Prince Maurice has clearly demonstrated itself as an epitome of a luxury resort by excelling in all these factors.

It is always a delight to encounter great, impeccable service and we definitely do not take this for granted. The staff were knowledgable and professional, yet genuinely warm and very friendly. During several encounters, they took the initiative to go the extra mile, without us having to request for it. What was really nice as well is that all the team members look happy doing what they do!

Food quality was also excellent and the dishes were always presented in an interesting, creative manner. The gastronomic experience was definitely another key highlight during our stay. Be it a simple salad, the breakfast buffet, beach BBQ or the seafood at Barachois, there was nothing mediocre at all when you dine at Le Prince Maurice! (ps: if the top Michelin chefs choose Constance Le Prince Maurice for their holidays, you know you can be totally assured of the F&B experience)

Thanks to the kids club, the children had great fun and were most reluctant to leave at the end of the holidays! Besides, the family suites were very much welcomed by all the parents. The rooms were very comfortable and housekeeping did a great job every day, paying attention to the small details. The common grounds were also superbly maintained.

To the entire team, THANK YOU for an incredibly amazing holiday. Keep up with the excellent work! We will be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Madam,

I wish to thank you for having spared your valuable time in writing on this traveller's site to share your holiday experience after your visit at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice'.

I am sorry for my late reply as I was away on a business trip in Europe.

I am happy to see that together with your family, you enjoyed the hotel and its services and manage to spend a good family time whilst treasuring lots of good souvenirs of the vacations.

I can only be thankful to your beautiful description of the hotel, the facilities and the team who strive to go the extra mile to meet and even exceed the guest's expectations.

We will be most obliged to welcome you back for another ultimate family holiday experience in the near future within the Constance hotels.

With kind regards,
Christophe Plantier

Been to Constance Le Prince Maurice? Share your experiences!