“Classy hotel, excellent service, but room for a few small improvements” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Constance Le Prince Maurice

Special Offer
Constance Honeymoon Offer
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Poste De Flacq
London
“Classy hotel, excellent service, but room for a few small improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent a good week at the Prince Maurice in February 2013. The staff were courteous and extremely helpful. They even arranged to have our son's hat delivered to us (which had been left at the kids' club) after we left the hotel. The food was good, although we found breakfast a little disappointing - the pastry chef is not quite up to the heights of some other 5 star Mauritian hotels, the cereals were soggy and the bircher muesli needed some fruit content - but we are being very nit-picky here! The rooms were lovely, the spa beautiful and the beach staff suitably respectful of one's privacy. Overall, there was a calm, relaxing atmosphere, which is perfect for an expensive hotel holiday.
The gym needs better air-conditioning, it would be nice to have the occasional chocolate on the pillow at night and the kids' club needs an injection of enthusiasm and organization. Our 4 year old brought no drawings or creations home and wasn't inspired by their list of activities. However, we understand that a revamp is planned.
Overall, we would recommend the hotel. Calm, classy and stylish, with impeccable service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for sparing your time in writing a review on this site after your holidays spent in our hotel.
We are happy to see that you did enjoy your holidays with your family and we would like to thank you for the valuable remarks received.
We indeed believe that 'good enough never is' and there is always room to improve to be come better and your remarks will no doubt lead us to where we actually want to be.
There is a general re-vamping program planned over this year 2013 to bring up the level of service in the areas you mentioned to meet with all guests' expectations. Please do note that we do have a dedicated team which is always available to assist our guests with any special request and if we are made aware of these during the guest's stay, it does make it easy for us to take the necessary corrective measures on the spot.
We would again like to thank you for your valued feedback and we do look forward to your return trio in the future.
Kind regards,

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have recently returned from our second visit to the Prince Maurice Hotel - and when we thought that it couldn't get any better, it has! The refurbishment of the hotel, soft furnishings, rooms and installation of the new lap pool have been so beautifully done that everything looks totally "just right". To be welcomed back by the charming staff makes you feel as though you have come home! We can honestly say that there is not one weak link from the smiling reception staff to the charming man who is always busily but unobtrusively cleaning the main areas, to the room staff, to the wonderful staff on the beach who seem to appear out of nowhere with beach towels and cool water when you arrive.
We did try another hotel last year as we thought that we should be a bit more adventurous than just going to the same botel as before - but having return to the Prince Maurice this year, there is no contest - look no further if you are undecided!

Room Tip: If you want the utilmate Indian Ocean experience ask for a junior suite on the beach - to walk out o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for having shared your holiday experience in such beautiful words on this traveller's platform.

We are honoured to have had the opportunity to welcome you back at the 'new' Prince Maurice after the renovation work which can be considered as a 'face-lift' to the existing property, hence bringing-in new trends in decoration.

We did bring some changes in the hotel's features but did keep the same team which represents the 'soul' of the property and which has one common goal, which is 'to delight the guest' at all times. This 'Princely Touch' in our service can be felt as it comes from the heart of the team whilst always striving to exceed the guest's expectations.

You know the secret now, there is no need to adventure elsewhere, but come back to 'your' hotel and to be looked after a team who knows you and with whom you do feel like 'at home'.

We will look forward to welcome you back for your third visit in the future.

Lucknow, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Better than the most , located in east of Mauritius , famous for its service that they give to their customers -CLPM.We were here fr 6 nts & booked after long research for selecting hotel & long research again fr booking agent.at last booked a whole tour after our agent gave us as many as 10 options for mauritius

Travelled: 3rd March as a couple
Stayed for: 6 nights as we wanted trip to be real long
Booked from : Mauritiusmania.com – for low rates & good services
Stayed in : Junior suite

1. junior suites :it is very traditionally made up of thatched roof and rooms a has a king size bed, spacious indoor sitting, fully furnished with terrace and balcony
2. villas: all the villas are beach facing and it has a king size bed and fully decorated room .it also has a very luxury bathroom with bathtub and all the other facilities which are given in the junior suits are same in the villas also.
3. princely suite: it has 3 bedrooms, 2 swimming pool, these are some other facilities which are given in these rooms as compared to junior suites and villas cd and DVD players 24 hour room service small kitchen, bathrooms etc
Every room hs air conditioning , satellite TV, wireless internet, mini bar, safe, hairdryer, and choice of pillows etc.all tht normal stuff
In restaurants you can enjoy all types of food and in night you can enjoy Sea-food dominated menu under the stars and in bar you cn sip those mauritian mojitos

Note: there is a dress code in restaurants and bar for both man and woman- for woman no bikini is allowed and for man no t shirts and no shorts are allowed

Look for:golf area where you can enjoy with strangers hvng long balls.
Expensive but than its one of the best , so u gotta settle for it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your home during your recent trip to Mauritius.

I trust you have enjoyed your stay with us following the review that you did write on the site of 'Trip Advisor'..

Positive word of mouth is vital in building our business as well as our reputation and I can only thank you for sharing your beautiful holiday experience to other potential travellers.

Thank you once again for having spared your valuable time in writing about your holiday trip and we look forward to your return visit in the very near future.

With kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times and I have never been disappointed. When you arrive you are instantly welcomed and given some refreshments, then after a while shown to your room. The rooms are very nicely decorated and they give of onto a lovely quiet area of the hotel, with an infinity pool nearby. The patio is perfect for the evenings as the sun is still there and there are sofas/chairs etc. The beach is fairly short, but when the hotel is not full this is perfect. The beach/pool staff give you some water and towels and are very friendly. The pools themselves are very nice, I love the new infinity pool particularly! The beach also has a little hut where you can book many kinds of water sports, most of which are free but things like parasailing you have to pay for. I recommend trying the boat trip to the reef as it is very interesting!
The food itself is delicious. The fish is fresh and the meat is perfect every time. The menu offers a range of food and if you want something a little more simple that is off the menu then they are happy to get it for you. The breakfast buffet is also pretty impressive.
The Spa is another amazing thing, with the facials and massages being my best two personal choices, there are many others and the spa staff are kind, caring and offer you drinks before and after your treatments.
Overall, the general ambience of the hotel is relaxing, fun and beautiful. I recommend this to anyone although it can be pricey! If you can afford it, it is a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks to you for having spared your time to share your holiday experience to other travellers via the site of 'Trip Advisor'.

I am happy to see that you were pleased with the hotel and its services during your recent stay.

We did major renovations work last year in July and August to have a 'face-lift' to the property hence bringing-in new trends in decor and design in our rooms as well as in the main areas such as the restaurants & bars, spa etc.

We did review the facilities that we offer to suit all requirements. For instance, other than the wide choice of meal offered, our Chef is still available to make any special dish to meet one special food preference if needs be to delight the guest. We do have many choices offered and we are still ready to go out of our way to please them.

We all share the same passion of delighting our customers and I am happy that you did feel this 'princely touch' in our service.

I can only look forward to your return trip in the near future for another ultimate holiday experience within the Constance Hotels.

With kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife took charge of my initial honeymoon planning attempts and vetoed my original blueprint of Sri Lanka book ending the Maldives. This was led by a nocturnal revelation that, of all things in God's world, my dearly beloved lives in fear of islands and multiple twin engine flights. Consequently, we went instead for a different Indian Ocean combo of SA safari and Mauritius, combining a total of six flights from our own island of Blighty (sic) to Kruger and on to the isle of Mauritius and back.

We stayed at Constance Le Prince Maurice for the second week and absolutely loved it. Amazing rooms, decor, ambience, attention to detail, food, discreet but friendly staff, surrounds. Only blemish was one day of adverse weather.

Was I upset we missed the Maldives? No. This is an ultimate Indian Ocean honeymoon destination that will blow your socks off.

• Stayed May 2012
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having devoted your valuable time in sharing your holiday review on this traveller's platform.

I am thankful to you for having chosen our property in Mauritius to spend second week of your honeymoon and I am happy that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Your kind words can only be motivating to us in always striving for excellence and I am glad that the team did meet manage to meet up with your expectations in service delivery.

We can only look forward to welcome you back, perhaps on your anniversary and I do sincerely wish that the sun will also be there to welcome you for another memorable stay at Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.

Kind regards,
BELGIUM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been spending my holidays at The Prince Maurice since 2001 and have hardly missed a year. Each time I make the reservation my travel agent asks me if I am sure I do not want to try out some other destination.But each time I arrive I am happy she didn't convince me otherwise.Last year I tried Constance Bel Mar and was very sorry I did so!

I am surprised to read the comment of Laura P.I suppose I am" snooty nosed" but far from rich.At a place like this I expect people to respect a certain dress code .It is part of the surroundings and the experience.If I do not feel like dressing up I order room service :but mind you even pizza is not served like in a cheap pizza restaurant !the table is dressed in front of the sea with linen tablecloth,china,silverware, crystal glasses and candle lights:in other words what you would expect(and even more) in a place like this.If the kitchen was not to your liking I am sure the chef would have made sure to prepare a less sofisticated dish for you.Because that is the kind of place this is and where everybody goes out of their way to please their guests.I could go on for a long time like this but when I read comments like these on Tripadvisor I feel they are completely unjustified.

To Christophe and his team I can only say keep up the good work.See you in June and am very curious about renovations!

Stayed May 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for having spared your valuable time in writing about your holiday on the site of 'Trip Advisor' and to share your holiday experience to other potential travellers.

I am very thankful to your valuable comments and it s very special indeed to receive such remarks from a guest's perspective who understands the true meaning of 5-star service and the effort that we do put into for not only meeting but also exceeding guest's expectations.

Once again, I wish to thank you for having described the service in such a simple and beautiful way but all the more, I would like to convey my sincere thanks to you for being our esteemed loyal guest over more than a decade.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Unfortuanately i spent most of the holiday in hospital but to my surprise the hotel manager visited me and made sure i was ok. Very friendly island. The Hotel was just so beautiful. If you are travelling alone, just want a break, no partying just a peaceful relaxing place with guests that are freindly and so nice thi sis the place. The Hotel is small giving that personal feeling. How i dont know as i didnt meet all the staff but they all knew my name and greeted me when i past them. The food was divine and the setting around the pool was stunning. I spent most evenings after in the coffe /bar looking out to sea which was so relaxing. Also you get lovely treats before dinner and after with jelly beans for the taking too!! So friendly. I had a junior suite which was such a beautiful room witha large balcony. The bathroom was masive with a lovely deep bath again massive. The bed was a lovely high bed and just seallowed you when you climbed in. Cleaning service was impeccable too as was room service. There was a smart tv in the room which was great so no mobile roaming needed. This was also free. The floating restaurant was stunning. It is a bit of a walk but on a warm beautiful evening its a lovely wander. Just keep going as you do get there eventually and its worth it. They are not leading ou down a garden path it really does end up at the most beautiful place, so romantic and still personal. Food again was beautiful. There were many activities here just off the beach. Different dinners were also organisedlike a wine evening, BBQ, Fire Event on beach and many more. Brilliant cocktails too. The pool is a lovely temperature with an infinity att he end looking onto the sea. THe service at the pool is extremely high quality with a one to one service nearly. My sun bed was ready and waiting for me everyday so no need to rush for your sunbed each day. The Concierge were also on top form making Checkout so easy. There are a selection of shops at the resort too - Jewellery, Clothes, swimwear, Accessories and Bags all with bneautiful items in.I didnt get time to use the golf course as i only got 3 days after leaving hospital but did use the health club which was amazing. A truly one off service that is so High on the rectascale of making you feel so important. I had a message full one which was just so imensly relaxing with a choice of man or lady which i liked. The manicure and Pdicure is new service from France which they had a specialist from there doing this. The polish is also long Lasting OPI. This was fantastic. The specialist did the pedicure and it bneat the manicure hands down. Dont think my feet ever felt so good. Then i had a facial which again was divine. All well priced and so well looked after. I then got some henna done on my leg and loer back which was extremely well done. They make sure you are so well treated and loced everyminute.So friendly at Reception there too. I so loved this resort even for the few days i had that i will be returning again laterthis year. Thank you for such a lovely resort. If you want spoiling this is where to go and being alone they made me feel really special

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Madam,
We would first and foremost like to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your recent trip to Mauritius.
We are thankful to you for having taken the time to share your holiday experience to other readers on this travellers's platform.
We are happy to see that despite having been sick during the time you were on the island, you still kept good memories of your stay at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' Hotel.
I am glad that you did manage to take advantage of the different services that we offer and that our team did look after you and that they met with your expectations.
Meanwhile I do look forward to welcome you back for another memorable stay in the near future.
Christophe Plantier

Been to Constance Le Prince Maurice? Share your experiences!