“Amazing trip” 5 of 5 stars

Constance Honeymoon Offer
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Poste De Flacq
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times and I have never been disappointed. When you arrive you are instantly welcomed and given some refreshments, then after a while shown to your room. The rooms are very nicely decorated and they give of onto a lovely quiet area of the hotel, with an infinity pool nearby. The patio is perfect for the evenings as the sun is still there and there are sofas/chairs etc. The beach is fairly short, but when the hotel is not full this is perfect. The beach/pool staff give you some water and towels and are very friendly. The pools themselves are very nice, I love the new infinity pool particularly! The beach also has a little hut where you can book many kinds of water sports, most of which are free but things like parasailing you have to pay for. I recommend trying the boat trip to the reef as it is very interesting!
The food itself is delicious. The fish is fresh and the meat is perfect every time. The menu offers a range of food and if you want something a little more simple that is off the menu then they are happy to get it for you. The breakfast buffet is also pretty impressive.
The Spa is another amazing thing, with the facials and massages being my best two personal choices, there are many others and the spa staff are kind, caring and offer you drinks before and after your treatments.
Overall, the general ambience of the hotel is relaxing, fun and beautiful. I recommend this to anyone although it can be pricey! If you can afford it, it is a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks to you for having spared your time to share your holiday experience to other travellers via the site of 'Trip Advisor'.

I am happy to see that you were pleased with the hotel and its services during your recent stay.

We did major renovations work last year in July and August to have a 'face-lift' to the property hence bringing-in new trends in decor and design in our rooms as well as in the main areas such as the restaurants & bars, spa etc.

We did review the facilities that we offer to suit all requirements. For instance, other than the wide choice of meal offered, our Chef is still available to make any special dish to meet one special food preference if needs be to delight the guest. We do have many choices offered and we are still ready to go out of our way to please them.

We all share the same passion of delighting our customers and I am happy that you did feel this 'princely touch' in our service.

I can only look forward to your return trip in the near future for another ultimate holiday experience within the Constance Hotels.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife took charge of my initial honeymoon planning attempts and vetoed my original blueprint of Sri Lanka book ending the Maldives. This was led by a nocturnal revelation that, of all things in God's world, my dearly beloved lives in fear of islands and multiple twin engine flights. Consequently, we went instead for a different Indian Ocean combo of SA safari and Mauritius, combining a total of six flights from our own island of Blighty (sic) to Kruger and on to the isle of Mauritius and back.

We stayed at Constance Le Prince Maurice for the second week and absolutely loved it. Amazing rooms, decor, ambience, attention to detail, food, discreet but friendly staff, surrounds. Only blemish was one day of adverse weather.

Was I upset we missed the Maldives? No. This is an ultimate Indian Ocean honeymoon destination that will blow your socks off.

• Stayed May 2012
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having devoted your valuable time in sharing your holiday review on this traveller's platform.

I am thankful to you for having chosen our property in Mauritius to spend second week of your honeymoon and I am happy that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Your kind words can only be motivating to us in always striving for excellence and I am glad that the team did meet manage to meet up with your expectations in service delivery.

We can only look forward to welcome you back, perhaps on your anniversary and I do sincerely wish that the sun will also be there to welcome you for another memorable stay at Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.

Kind regards,
BELGIUM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been spending my holidays at The Prince Maurice since 2001 and have hardly missed a year. Each time I make the reservation my travel agent asks me if I am sure I do not want to try out some other destination.But each time I arrive I am happy she didn't convince me otherwise.Last year I tried Constance Bel Mar and was very sorry I did so!

I am surprised to read the comment of Laura P.I suppose I am" snooty nosed" but far from rich.At a place like this I expect people to respect a certain dress code .It is part of the surroundings and the experience.If I do not feel like dressing up I order room service :but mind you even pizza is not served like in a cheap pizza restaurant !the table is dressed in front of the sea with linen tablecloth,china,silverware, crystal glasses and candle lights:in other words what you would expect(and even more) in a place like this.If the kitchen was not to your liking I am sure the chef would have made sure to prepare a less sofisticated dish for you.Because that is the kind of place this is and where everybody goes out of their way to please their guests.I could go on for a long time like this but when I read comments like these on Tripadvisor I feel they are completely unjustified.

To Christophe and his team I can only say keep up the good work.See you in June and am very curious about renovations!

Stayed May 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for having spared your valuable time in writing about your holiday on the site of 'Trip Advisor' and to share your holiday experience to other potential travellers.

I am very thankful to your valuable comments and it s very special indeed to receive such remarks from a guest's perspective who understands the true meaning of 5-star service and the effort that we do put into for not only meeting but also exceeding guest's expectations.

Once again, I wish to thank you for having described the service in such a simple and beautiful way but all the more, I would like to convey my sincere thanks to you for being our esteemed loyal guest over more than a decade.

Best regards,
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Unfortuanately i spent most of the holiday in hospital but to my surprise the hotel manager visited me and made sure i was ok. Very friendly island. The Hotel was just so beautiful. If you are travelling alone, just want a break, no partying just a peaceful relaxing place with guests that are freindly and so nice thi sis the place. The Hotel is small giving that personal feeling. How i dont know as i didnt meet all the staff but they all knew my name and greeted me when i past them. The food was divine and the setting around the pool was stunning. I spent most evenings after in the coffe /bar looking out to sea which was so relaxing. Also you get lovely treats before dinner and after with jelly beans for the taking too!! So friendly. I had a junior suite which was such a beautiful room witha large balcony. The bathroom was masive with a lovely deep bath again massive. The bed was a lovely high bed and just seallowed you when you climbed in. Cleaning service was impeccable too as was room service. There was a smart tv in the room which was great so no mobile roaming needed. This was also free. The floating restaurant was stunning. It is a bit of a walk but on a warm beautiful evening its a lovely wander. Just keep going as you do get there eventually and its worth it. They are not leading ou down a garden path it really does end up at the most beautiful place, so romantic and still personal. Food again was beautiful. There were many activities here just off the beach. Different dinners were also organisedlike a wine evening, BBQ, Fire Event on beach and many more. Brilliant cocktails too. The pool is a lovely temperature with an infinity att he end looking onto the sea. THe service at the pool is extremely high quality with a one to one service nearly. My sun bed was ready and waiting for me everyday so no need to rush for your sunbed each day. The Concierge were also on top form making Checkout so easy. There are a selection of shops at the resort too - Jewellery, Clothes, swimwear, Accessories and Bags all with bneautiful items in.I didnt get time to use the golf course as i only got 3 days after leaving hospital but did use the health club which was amazing. A truly one off service that is so High on the rectascale of making you feel so important. I had a message full one which was just so imensly relaxing with a choice of man or lady which i liked. The manicure and Pdicure is new service from France which they had a specialist from there doing this. The polish is also long Lasting OPI. This was fantastic. The specialist did the pedicure and it bneat the manicure hands down. Dont think my feet ever felt so good. Then i had a facial which again was divine. All well priced and so well looked after. I then got some henna done on my leg and loer back which was extremely well done. They make sure you are so well treated and loced everyminute.So friendly at Reception there too. I so loved this resort even for the few days i had that i will be returning again laterthis year. Thank you for such a lovely resort. If you want spoiling this is where to go and being alone they made me feel really special

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Madam,
We would first and foremost like to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your recent trip to Mauritius.
We are thankful to you for having taken the time to share your holiday experience to other readers on this travellers's platform.
We are happy to see that despite having been sick during the time you were on the island, you still kept good memories of your stay at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' Hotel.
I am glad that you did manage to take advantage of the different services that we offer and that our team did look after you and that they met with your expectations.
Meanwhile I do look forward to welcome you back for another memorable stay in the near future.
Best regards,
Hungerford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have not stayed at Le Prince Maurice for a couple of years and was so thrilled to return two weeks ago.

From the monent you step into the hotel lobby you feel a sense of peace and tranquility. The water in the fountain with that seemless view over the swimming pool to the sea. Marble, glass and water is the theme here.

We stayed in villa 31 right on the beach. It was beautifully appointed and we much enjoyed the very amusing and very informative site visit with Manjola on arrival. The new look Junior Suites and Family Suites look great. We loved the floating bar and restaurant but unfortunately we never had the opportunity to sample the Sushi restaurant.

I swam every morning in the lap pool which I think is a great addition.. one would feel rather self-conscious doing laps first thing in the morning in the main pool whilst everyone is having breakfast! The Spa was fantastic and I had three excellent treatments with Deeja and a lovely facial.

A great new addition is their fantastic wine cellar with 30,000 bottles. The sommelier Jerome did a first class job of giving us a tour and a wine tasting with delicious canapes. I highly recommend this tour for any guests.

The music in the evenings is just right.. not too loud or brash. All the staff looked after us so well and it is difficult to comment on any particular member of staff as they are all very professional.

As we left Le Prince Maurice the lovely chap at the front desk not only collected our car and got the air conditioning going as it was excessivly hot but he very thoughtfully gave us two bottles of ice cold water saying it was a long drive to the South of the Island- very kind.

I rate this as one of THE very best hotels in Mauritius without a shadow of doubt.

Room Tip: If you enjoy Spa treatments and like a good pressure massage prebook Deeja. Have dinner at least o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel as your home during your recent trip to Mauritius.

Many thanks also to have taken the time to share these lovely comments on the site of 'Trip Advisor'.

Am sure that these general holiday tips will give more food for thoughts to the potential traveller in deciding on the hotel to book for a future holiday in Mauritius.

Your general satisfaction and the compliments to the staff is the best motivation to the team in always going the extra mile to 'delight' the customer and I am happy to see that you do remember these details that made you have an ultimate holiday experience.

We will be more than honoured to welcome you back for another memorable stay at Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.

Royston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is just a slice of paradise. From the moment the car door opens at the open air reception till the time you have to say goodbye nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff. I start to write this from by the pool enjoying a light snack and a beer as we have a late flight back to the UK with Emirates via Dubai.
Our suite overlooking the inland water and sea is the basic cost, but huge and lacks for nothing being serviced twice a day with little touches like slippers on mats by the bed and shoes all neatly paraded along one wall. Excellent quality towels and bathrobes with more than enough toiletries replaced twice a day.
A short walk to either of the pools or beach where attentive staff prepare your loungers with towels, clean your sunglasses and leave you bottled water. Late morning a fresh fruit kebab and refreshing sorbets in the afternoon.
There are a wide range of water based activities to indulge in and a spa that we never found the time to visit. The icing on the cake for golfers are the two golf courses, The Links and The Legends, the latter hosting the final event of the European Senior'sTour in December. Green fees along with buggies, reserved tee times, transport and even clubs, if required, are free to the guests. You do however need lots of golf balls!
Breakfast is a buffet feast that has everything you would expect including sparkling wine and vodka for a Bloody Mary. The ever attentive waiters help you carry your plates after you've made your choices. Evening meals are a la carte and offer a good choice of the daily recommendations and tried and tested favourites. You have to try the Barachois at least once during your stay; a floating restaurant that is found along a wooden broad walk. Some of dishes have a small supplement but the quality of the food makes it worthwhile.
We had read reports about the high cost of drinks. Complimentary bottled water is in your suite or villa. The beer is what you would expect to pay at an equivalent hotel in any major city or top quality resort. Wine prices vary but having had at least a bottle every evening, the odd beer and lunch one day coupled with a charge to keep our suite, which included a light snack, and a nice gift of a Constance Le Prince Maurice beach bag for my wife and a lump sum for gratuities we parted with about £500.
All in all not only is this hotel worth 6 stars but the friendliness of all the staff and their willingness to go that extra mile make it a must for a return visit, and soon! Now sitting at the airport planning it.

Room Tip: All the suites are great but the twenties around the lake are quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your home during your recent trip to Mauritius.

We would also like to thank you for having spared some time in writing about your delightful holiday experience on the site of 'Trip Advisor' and hence sharing your feedback to other potential travellers.

We can only thank you for having so beautifully described your holidays where you relate about the different facilities and services that we offer and I am glad that the team did meet up to your expectations. The deluxe golf paradise is the latest package that we have worked and I am happy to know that you were pleased by these advantages as a golfer hence making a perfect combination of a relaxing holiday with your favourite sport.

We would once again like to thank you for your valued feedback and we look forward to your return visit in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The best Holiday i've ever had! I' m very looking forward for my next stay in january!!!
My Special Thanks goes to the more than friendly sommelier-Team! And congratulations to the New amazing wine cellar!!
See u next year

• Stayed January 2013
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks to have spare your time in writing a brief review on this platform.

You have described your holiday experience in the shortest and simplest way and I am very happy to know that you did enjoy your stay - so much so, to be looking forward to your next stay.

I am happy to see that you kept good memories of your stay and that you have been delighted by the new feature, our wine cellar and to have been looked after by our dedicated team of sommeliers.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in January for another memorable stay at Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.

Kind regards,
Christophe Plantier

Been to Constance Le Prince Maurice? Share your experiences!