We spent a week at Constance le Prince Maurice and to be honest were a little disappointed.
The grounds are beautifully kept, tropical gardens that are lovely to walk through and look at. The hotel its self looks lovely but the food was the biggest let down.
Or first night we were so tyred from the trip we ordered room service, it took a hour to get 2 pizzas. The breakfast buffet was limited with really not a lot to choose from and the same stuff every day.
The Lagoona restaurant was terrible and after trying it once we never returned for a second meal there. The main restaurant was also disappointing. Food that you would expect to be warm such as poached scallops came out stone cold and other things like a milkshake at lunch you would expect to be cold came out room temp. I would have expected more from a 6 star restaurant. We struggled to find anything on the menu’s that we really enjoyed, some in fact tasted so terrible I had to stop myself from gagging. The presentation was always lovely but you can’t eat the presentation, the chefs should think more about taste than how it looks. The floating restaurant we tried one night, the food here was ok but nothing to rave about, the ambience nice.
The bottled sparkling water was terrible too, tasted like the inside of a plastic container but we had to pay $10 a bottle for the privilege of drinking the most disgusting water I have ever consumed.
I think men having to wear long pants to dinner is stupid, its hot and humid and my poor husband had to wear long pants and be uncomfortably hot while he ate so as not to offend some snooty nosed rich people. Yet at breakfast you have fat old ladies wearing swim suits and nothing else and that seems ok. How does that work?
Our room was nice and big but the bathroom roof had water leaking down from the bathroom above and big water stains. Again I would have expected more from a 6 star place.
The day spa was nice, we visited a few times and enjoyed the treatments.
The snorkelling trip was a bit disappointing, really not a lot to look at. Being able to hire push bikes from the gym was great and we made the most it this a few days taking a ride to some of the local areas.
The staff lacked any warmth and friendliness and were generally quite slow and aloof.
Being at this hotel was kind of like being in a retirement village, not a lot of young people around when we were there, mostly geriatrics and retirees. Its not a hotel I would return to and because of the food being so average not a place I would recommend to family or friends. Disappointing as I have stayed at another of constance hotels that was fantastic so I guess I was expecting the same standard. Definitely not what I would rate a 6 star hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel Poste De Flacq
- Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Le Prince Maurice
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius/Poste De Flacq
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate romantic hideaway, where stunning architectural design meets relaxed luxury. Step into this high functioning deluxe paradise, and choose from one of the 64 Junior suites, 12 Family suites, 12 Villas or the sumptuous Princely suite. Revel in the intimate and secluded setting, pamper yourself at the renowned Sisley spa and Spa de Constance, then enjoy the exceptional international cuisine created by our chefs from around the world. Families enjoy the beach-side villas and complimentary children's club 'Les Petits Princes', while golf fans can retreat to our 2 18-hole championship golf courses. Le Prince Maurice is part of our Ultimate Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stentorian NV, Hotels.com, Agoda, Jetsetter, LHW, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Constance Le Prince Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.