Just returned yesterday from Le Prince Maurice yesterday so I thought I would post something while it is still fresh in my mind.
The hotel was fantastic, certainly not over opulent but really good and had a very relaxed atmosphere. To me what makes a great hotel is the service and staff rather than just the buildings, (let’s face it anyone can build a great building if you throw money at it), and the service from the staff at this hotel was right up there.
The food was fantastic and they will go out of their way to do anything for you if you ask, but a bit of advice, the key there is ‘if you ask’ That is not a complaint about the hotel at all but is just a little advice if you are going. As an example we don’t like buffet meals but they have buffet meals Sunday and Wednesday evenings. I mentioned that we don’t like buffets and they said you don’t have to have the buffet, you can choose from the A la carte if you wish. We also noticed a few guests who quite clearly did not like ‘fancy foods’ but didn’t say anything. If you ask they will go out of their way to do anything for you. I like coffee first thing in the morning when I get up rather than waiting for breakfast, but there is no tea/coffee facilities in the room. I mentioned it and within ½ hour there was a Nespresso coffee machine in my room.
I played golf a few times while I was there and was told before I arrived that green fees and buggy hire were complimentary at the Links but you had to pay about £30 for club hire. Not once did I get charged for club hire. I talked to others that did get charged so I am not quite sure how that works, I certainly didn’t ask for any favours.
We are lucky enough to be very well travelled and have stayed in some very good hotels and whilst we were there we talked about where this one rated for us. I have to say it is not top but it is right up there with the best.
Drink certainly isn’t cheap but in all honesty you don’t expect it to be in a hotel like this so nothing came as a surprise really. A glass of Coke is going to cost you around 180mr plus tax which is about £4 and a bottle of wine in the evening starts at around £40 and goes up from there. A small bottle of local beer will cost around £4 as well.
I would recommend tipping and say it goes an awful long way. You get exceptional service at this hotel anyway but if you look after the staff, be that on the beach, the restaurant or room service and it goes up another level. I probably gave a £150 to £200 in tips while I was there and if you consider that to the overall price of the holiday it really isn’t much. Maybe that is why I didn’t get charged for clubs, I don’t know.
Overall this was a fantastic holiday/hotel and it is the little things that make it. There are many things that only a few years ago might be considered exceptional that are now almost the norm such as cold towels, fruit, sorbets and even having your sun glasses cleaned on the beach.
If you are going rest assured you will have a great time and if you are considering going I would highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel Poste De Flacq
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Le Prince Maurice
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius/Poste De Flacq
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate romantic hideaway, where stunning architectural design meets relaxed luxury. Step into this high functioning deluxe paradise, and choose from one of the 64 Junior suites, 12 Family suites, 12 Villas or the sumptuous Princely suite. Revel in the intimate and secluded setting, pamper yourself at the renowned Sisley spa and Spa de Constance, then enjoy the exceptional international cuisine created by our chefs from around the world. Families enjoy the beach-side villas and complimentary children's club 'Les Petits Princes', while golf fans can retreat to our 2 18-hole championship golf courses. Le Prince Maurice is part of our Ultimate Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Prestigia, Expedia, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Constance Le Prince Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.