We have just returned from an eleven night stay at Le Saint Geran. This was our third time there and won't be our last.
There are some reviews that refer to the hotel looking tired, even out-dated, so we were a little concerned that "paradise" had lost its way. Not at all. From the moment we stepped on to the bridge to the entrance of the hotel and welcomed by a gong and a number of hotel staff, including management, we knew we had made the right decision to come again. The hotel is about to celebrate its 38th year but it is still the benchmark for all other hotels to aspire to.
The service can not be bettered. All staff - waiter, beach attendant or butler - are genuinely courteous and attentive without being over-bearing. They clearly love working there and many of the staff have been there for many years. The caddy master at the golf course has been there 41 years; yes, before the hotel was opened.
The location is beautiful and the rooms are of the highest quality with every facility you could want. The food in the main restaurant is very good, although the buffet is a little "samey". Management acknowledge this and there were signs of them introducing little touches to make sure that each evening there was something different - difficult bearing in mind we were there for 11 days.The Rasoi by Vineet and PRIME are both superb and worth a visit for that special occasion.
The evening entertainment is excellent. The "Famous 9" band play music from all eras and their rendition of "Samba Pa Ti" by Santana is spine-tingling!
If you like an aperitif before your meal and a bottle of wine with it, be prepared for the bill! This is not a criticism of the hotel, since alcohol in this part of the world is very expensive. But eh, you're on holiday - enjoy it!
We had 11 fantastic days and we were sad to leave but as our butler, Nasser, said "Don't be sad, be happy, because you can look forward to coming back". How right he was - we most certainly will be back and we can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in the silver sands of its own private peninsula. Its stately gates welcome guests into a Mauritian garden paradise of friendly calm and easy luxury. - Surrounded by fabulous coral reefs and clear waters - Located between a beautiful sheltered lagoon and the warm Indian Ocean - Includes a crescent-shaped stretch of stunning white sand beach - Ideal climate year-round - The resort is approximately one hour drive from the International Airport (MRU). Transfers can be arranged with One&Only Le Saint Geran's private chauffeur or by helicopter. ACCOMMODATION 162 suites and one villa with exquisite taste and grand opulence blend with state-of-the-art technology. All rooms feature a private terrace or balcony facing the ocean or lagoon, and a back door opening onto a tropical garden. Spacious bathrooms are beautifully appointed, with great cascading showers. All guests enjoy personalised 24-hour butler service. ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS - Snorkel or dive through a string of reefs and crystal clear waters - Water-skiing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, stand-up paddle, hobie cats, snorkelling trips, kayaks, laser sailing, pedal boats, windsurfing and glass-bottom boat trips - The lush Gary Player 9-hole golf course, situated in the resort's grounds, has its own Golf Academy - KidsOnly and Teens Club offer exciting complimentary activities DINING Restaurants offer an array of local and international cuisine - as well as a variety of special dining venues, including: - PRIME Contemporary Grill serves only the finest Australian Angus Wagyu beef, fresh seafood and local produce - The Indian Pavilion offers modern Indian delicacies - La Terrasse, an all day dining, is located by the pool with beautiful ocean views, offering local and international specialities - Enchanting and ultimately private One&Only dinner on the beach - The One&Only designed Tipi is the perfect venue for private dining and special occasions HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Choose from an extensive menu of traditional and contemporary treatments inspired by the local surroundings at One&Only Spa. - One&Only Spa is a discreet sanctuary with its own private lap pool and a tranquil outdoor spa pavilion - PEDI:MANI:CURE Studio by renowned Bastien Gonzalez. Upon request pedicure can be enjoyed on the beach - Cutting-edge hair salon - The Fitness Centre features Kinesis™ and Technogym(R) equipment - Secluded spots are ideal for yoga ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Poste De Flacq