Just got back after a night here for a weekend getaway.....and it's not all that it has been built up to be.
The hotel is VERY quiet, it was at 50% occupancy, service was OK (as like everywhere in Mauritius, they do try hard, BUT they just lack basic personal service skills).
Had Sunday brunch today at the La Terrasse restaurant by the pool.....again, service was OK, and food was ok.
Next time i come here, i want to taste "Rasoi by Veenet" which i hear is outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in the silver sands of its own private peninsula. Its stately gates welcome guests into a Mauritian garden paradise of friendly calm and easy luxury. - Surrounded by fabulous coral reefs and clear waters - Located between a beautiful sheltered lagoon and the warm Indian Ocean - Includes a crescent-shaped stretch of stunning white sand beach - Ideal climate year-round - The resort is approximately one hour drive from the International Airport (MRU). Transfers can be arranged with One&Only Le Saint Geran's private chauffeur or by helicopter. ACCOMMODATION 162 suites and one villa with exquisite taste and grand opulence blend with state-of-the-art technology. All rooms feature a private terrace or balcony facing the ocean or lagoon, and a back door opening onto a tropical garden. Spacious bathrooms are beautifully appointed, with great cascading showers. All guests enjoy personalised 24-hour butler service. ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS - Snorkel or dive through a string of reefs and crystal clear waters - Water-skiing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, stand-up paddle, hobie cats, snorkelling trips, kayaks, laser sailing, pedal boats, windsurfing and glass-bottom boat trips - The lush Gary Player 9-hole golf course, situated in the resort's grounds, has its own Golf Academy - KidsOnly and Teens Club offer exciting complimentary activities DINING Restaurants offer an array of local and international cuisine - as well as a variety of special dining venues, including: - PRIME Contemporary Grill serves only the finest Australian Angus Wagyu beef, fresh seafood and local produce - The Indian Pavilion offers modern Indian delicacies - La Terrasse, an all day dining, is located by the pool with beautiful ocean views, offering local and international specialities - Enchanting and ultimately private One&Only dinner on the beach - The One&Only designed Tipi is the perfect venue for private dining and special occasions HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Choose from an extensive menu of traditional and contemporary treatments inspired by the local surroundings at One&Only Spa. - One&Only Spa is a discreet sanctuary with its own private lap pool and a tranquil outdoor spa pavilion - PEDI:MANI:CURE Studio by renowned Bastien Gonzalez. Upon request pedicure can be enjoyed on the beach - Cutting-edge hair salon - The Fitness Centre features Kinesis™ and Technogym(R) equipment - Secluded spots are ideal for yoga ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Pointe De Flacq