Most of the reviewers in here are tourists from overseas countries who stayed at the One&Only Le Saint Geran. I, as a local Mauritian, wanted to share the bad experience that my family and I encountered while staying at this hotel. We checked in this hotel on the 10th of February 2013 to celebrate Chinese New Year. We were excited to take a mini break from our daily lives. The welcoming party was great and everything seems to be perfect. The dinner buffet at La Terrasse was yummy and lavish. However, in the morning of the 11th of February 2013, our nightmare began. It was around 7 am when a Guest Relation Officer came to our room to advise us that a coconut had fallen from a coconut tree and had broken the rear windshield of our car which was parked on the parking lot of the One&Only Le Saint Geran. Please be advised that the parking lot of the One&Only Le Saint Geran has plenty of coconut trees and you have to be beware of them. We could not believe that this coconut had fallen off from a tree and happened to break the windshield of our car. It was only the Guest Relations Officer who managed to help us a bit. He advised us that we have to go to the nearby police station to declare this accident. It took us almost half a day to do all those paperworks for this accident. Meanwhile, at the hotel, neither of the top Management had the descency to advise us what are the requirements needed when such an accident happened on the premises of the hotel. We were not even offered any apologies on that same day. We were at a complete lost what to do with the car and what the hotel was planning to do and how would they help us? The insurance company which takes care of our car advised us that it's only the insurance company of the hotel which needs to be involved in this matter. It's only the following day that we went to see the Guest Relations Officer again and asked him that we need to see someone from the top management to help us since we couldn't drive back home in this damaged car and it was also heavily pouring as well. The top management sent their Director of Finance to talk to us about the steps to be taken in this matter. However, todate, things are still running very slowly since the Director of Finance have to liaise with their head office and insurance company which is located in Florida and there is a time difference of -9 hours between Mauritius and Florida, USA.
We are very upset about this whole loss and how One&Only Le Saint Geran is very slow in taking decisions since they have to refer back to their head office in the States. I just wonder if we were not locals and we were tourists instead would One&Only take this matter differently?
Sorry to say, I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in the silver sands of its own private peninsula. Its stately gates welcome guests into a Mauritian garden paradise of friendly calm and easy luxury. - Surrounded by fabulous coral reefs and clear waters - Located between a beautiful sheltered lagoon and the warm Indian Ocean - Includes a crescent-shaped stretch of stunning white sand beach - Ideal climate year-round - The resort is approximately one hour drive from the International Airport (MRU). Transfers can be arranged with One&Only Le Saint Geran's private chauffeur or by helicopter. ACCOMMODATION 162 suites and one villa with exquisite taste and grand opulence blend with state-of-the-art technology. All rooms feature a private terrace or balcony facing the ocean or lagoon, and a back door opening onto a tropical garden. Spacious bathrooms are beautifully appointed, with great cascading showers. All guests enjoy personalised 24-hour butler service. ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS - Snorkel or dive through a string of reefs and crystal clear waters - Water-skiing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, stand-up paddle, hobie cats, snorkelling trips, kayaks, laser sailing, pedal boats, windsurfing and glass-bottom boat trips - The lush Gary Player 9-hole golf course, situated in the resort's grounds, has its own Golf Academy - KidsOnly and Teens Club offer exciting complimentary activities DINING Restaurants offer an array of local and international cuisine - as well as a variety of special dining venues, including: - PRIME Contemporary Grill serves only the finest Australian Angus Wagyu beef, fresh seafood and local produce - The Indian Pavilion offers modern Indian delicacies - La Terrasse, an all day dining, is located by the pool with beautiful ocean views, offering local and international specialities - Enchanting and ultimately private One&Only dinner on the beach - The One&Only designed Tipi is the perfect venue for private dining and special occasions HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Choose from an extensive menu of traditional and contemporary treatments inspired by the local surroundings at One&Only Spa. - One&Only Spa is a discreet sanctuary with its own private lap pool and a tranquil outdoor spa pavilion - PEDI:MANI:CURE Studio by renowned Bastien Gonzalez. Upon request pedicure can be enjoyed on the beach - Cutting-edge hair salon - The Fitness Centre features Kinesis™ and Technogym(R) equipment - Secluded spots are ideal for yoga ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Pointe De Flacq