We have just returned from our third visit to this hotel and we had a great time once again.
The watersports are excellent - the waterskiing is particularly good as it's in a lagoon, and the team are always happy to help you learn to sail and ski.
The Fitness team are first rate - we had personal training with Stephan and Ronnie and they really helped us deal with injuries and overall fitness.
We love the tennis - Ashwinder is dedicated to ensuring you enjoy your game and will help in any way he can.
Ramesh and his golf team are also wonderful - always ready to give you tips on how to improve your game.
The best rooms for us are those that open onto the beach - 152 - 132 are on the ground floor and you can open the doors and dive into the sea first thing in the morning if that's what you want to do!
Our gripes are the cost of extras, the average buffet meals, and the lack of stock in the shops - this is clearly a hotel on an economy drive - highlighted by a significant decrease in staff in various departments, and this needs to be monitored as the best thing about this hotel is the commitment and enthusiam of the staff, which is being severely challenged.
The rooms are nice, but could do with a re-vamp to bring the hotel back to its former glory.
The Famous Nne who entertain in the evening are brilliant, and create a great atmosphere.
The hotels has many guests who return year on year because they love the facilities and the general ambience, but this won't neccessarily impress new visitors, so there needs to be less complacency if this hotel is to remain first class.
We will return to Le St. Geran because we always have a consistently good holiday there, but I hope the new management doesn't trade on it's past reputation because the other more negative reviews make some valid points.
If you love sports, then I don't think there is a better option. We also like the Heriage Awali for family trips as it's all inclusive but it doesn't have such good ambience,the Touessrok as we were married there but the sports facilities aren't so good, and the Dinarobin, which lacked atmsophere and you need to travel to the sister hotel for watersports.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in the silver sands of its own private peninsula. Its stately gates welcome guests into a Mauritian garden paradise of friendly calm and easy luxury. - Surrounded by fabulous coral reefs and clear waters - Located between a beautiful sheltered lagoon and the warm Indian Ocean - Includes a crescent-shaped stretch of stunning white sand beach - Ideal climate year-round - The resort is approximately one hour drive from the International Airport (MRU). Transfers can be arranged with One&Only Le Saint Geran's private chauffeur or by helicopter. ACCOMMODATION 162 suites and one villa with exquisite taste and grand opulence blend with state-of-the-art technology. All rooms feature a private terrace or balcony facing the ocean or lagoon, and a back door opening onto a tropical garden. Spacious bathrooms are beautifully appointed, with great cascading showers. All guests enjoy personalised 24-hour butler service. ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS - Snorkel or dive through a string of reefs and crystal clear waters - Water-skiing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, stand-up paddle, hobie cats, snorkelling trips, kayaks, laser sailing, pedal boats, windsurfing and glass-bottom boat trips - The lush Gary Player 9-hole golf course, situated in the resort's grounds, has its own Golf Academy - KidsOnly and Teens Club offer exciting complimentary activities DINING Restaurants offer an array of local and international cuisine - as well as a variety of special dining venues, including: - PRIME Contemporary Grill serves only the finest Australian Angus Wagyu beef, fresh seafood and local produce - The Indian Pavilion offers modern Indian delicacies - La Terrasse, an all day dining, is located by the pool with beautiful ocean views, offering local and international specialities - Enchanting and ultimately private One&Only dinner on the beach - The One&Only designed Tipi is the perfect venue for private dining and special occasions HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Choose from an extensive menu of traditional and contemporary treatments inspired by the local surroundings at One&Only Spa. - One&Only Spa is a discreet sanctuary with its own private lap pool and a tranquil outdoor spa pavilion - PEDI:MANI:CURE Studio by renowned Bastien Gonzalez. Upon request pedicure can be enjoyed on the beach - Cutting-edge hair salon - The Fitness Centre features Kinesis™ and Technogym(R) equipment - Secluded spots are ideal for yoga ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Pointe De Flacq