The Oberoi is a very special place - my husband still thinks the food there was the best he ever had.
Breakfast was excellent - waffles, banana pancakes, eggs benedict, fresh fruit - all delicious.
Lunch and dinner was great as well - and there was enough choice not to get bored as well. We didn't have a single meal that wasn't great.
We stayed in a private garden villa which was lovely. The gardens of the hotel are amazing as well - there are also a lot of birds around that we had never seen before.
The beach is not huge but kept very well. Beach service was great. In general, the service here was the best we ever experienced - everyone is genuinely friendly and greets you with a smile.
Snorkelling is possible, but can't be compared to the Maldives for example. We rented a speed boat for a day cruise and further afield the snorkelling is OK.
Overall - if you love food, privacy and great service - book now.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your The Oberoi, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Mauritius Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Oberoi Hotel Mauritius
- Oberoi Mauritius
- Oberoi Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Oberoi
- The Oberoi, Mauritius Pointe Aux Piments