This is the first time I have written a review of somewhere and the only reason I thought about not doing is - do I really want to tell everyone else about such a lovely place - in case it's full when we would want to go back!
If you want a quiet place with relaxation and privacy - with great service but not obtrusive service - with enough space so that you don't feel crowded, great food and a chance to breathe again in a busy world - this is it!
We spent 10 days - it rained for maybe half of them and yet I would still say it was one of the nicest places/holidays we've had. We just wanted somewhere to recharge our batteries - this was perfect. I read and chilled and my husband water skied with a great guy called Christophe. When he wanted to try to get specific tv channels for watching an (apparently) vital football game or rugby they did everything they could to help and went the extra mile. On the beachfront we were so well looked after by Wessley and the rest of the guys - and the bar staff and restaurant staff were charming.
The villas are spread out enough that you never felt overlooked and could really feel secluded and the beach has more space than others in Mauritius we have been to.
Trying to think of ANY negatives - and all I can think of is that my husband moaned a bit about not being able to wear shorts for dinner (it's one of his obsessions - he feels he is on holiday then) but they weren't snooty about it - and he did wear flip-flops so felt OK about it!!!
In short - loved it and will go back
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Villas Hotel
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.