Note: The hotel's infrastructure is breath taking, this is just our view of the service.
We arrived at the hotel, the staff opened the car door and greeted us with: "Welcome Mr. von Rechenberg". My first thought was: "Exceeding service will be awaiting us". Unfortunately I was wrong. The service at Maradiva is very inconsistent. From excellent to embarrassing. Let's start with the great experiences: The GM greeted us upon arrival, the driver we rented for a day to discover the island was fantastic, one guy in the bar (I think his name was Stephan) was extraordinary. But we expected consistency in this kind of hotel.
Here is one example of inconsistency:
On the second day we want to the beach to meet an impudent waiter at the beach bar. I looked at the drinks menu and saw that they offer all the things they offer at the main bar. So I ordered a banana milkshake. He says that they only have strawberry and chocolate. Fine, strawberry it is, even though I had a banana milkshakes there before. My girlfriend orders a drink from the menu. He says they don't have it. She orders another drink from the menu. He says they dont have it. Wow. At this point I get upset and show him in the menu that they serve everything they serve at the main bar. He then leaves and comes back and says ok. We wait over 20 minutes to get our drinks. When he comes back he complains that he had to to walk all the way over to the main bar to get our drinks. Well guess what. I don't care. If we are in a hotel like this and I order something from the drinks menu it is not my problem how you organise it. It's not a special request. I don't want to think, I don't want to care and I certainly don't want excuse myself for ordering something from the standard menu. Yes, it might be just a detail and it's only a stupid drink, but hey, I'm on vacation and don't want to argue and I don't want the waiter to tell me they don't have certain drinks just because he has to walk over to the main bar. There were maybe 4 guests in total, it wasn't like he was super busy.
The service was inconsistent through out the whole week: At the breakfast you had to tell your room number 3 times every single time, but at dinner time another waiter greeted you by your last name. You get the most beautiful table in the restaurant on the your last night but they bring the wrong main courses. They organize you a friendly taxi driver, but they send you to the wrong location. You book a personal driver to discover the island, but the car is not available on the day it was confirmed "due to a technical problem".
All in all we weren't impressed by the service we received in a hotel of this league. Part of the staff was excellent, but honestly the other part of the staff ruined it. We expect consistency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac