We visited Maradiva on 5th December for 7 nights. This was our annual 'chill' holiday and also this year to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary - the past three years we have visited the Maldives for our chill holiday and it was for this reason, following extensive research I chose Maradiva as we wanted to try an alternative destination. We were not disappointed. The individual villas with private pool were very private, well appointed and perfect for our holiday. Previous comments about garden areas being dry/brown I feel are a little harsh - the site is a very natural environment and the gardening staff were visible, polite and clearly worked hard to maintain what is overall a exceptionally beautiful 'private village' setting. When strolling to breakfast, beach or dinner it is hard to believe the occupancy was 90% it is so peaceful and quiet.
The dining experience and quality of food was wonderful. There is plenty of choice on the menu at Coast to Coast and the standard is very high. The food and setting at Cilantro is also exceptional and very romantic. Special thanks to Nitish for providing my husband with a bowl of noodles and seafood (not on the menu) in the bar at lunchtime - just because he fancied one! Also big thanks to Bilal who looked after us so well on the beach on each visit.
The staff and activities offered at The Boat House were also very good.
The beach location is lovely, plenty of space between sunbeds (marked contrast to neighbouring hotels which were far to close together in terms of private space). Beach service is brill - drinks and lunch can be served without leaving your sunbed (thanks again Bilal!).
The whole staff at this resort are very committed, professional, sincere and friendly and the service provided is certainly 5* plus.
As other reviewers have commented if you are looking for lots going on in the evening then you may find the resort too quiet - but this was just what we were looking for - time alone to chill and enjoy fine dining and service.
Overall I'm not sure where the hours went... totally chilled and looked after - just what we had anticipated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac