we stayed there from 17 to 24 March 2013 on an early morning arrival we were greated by Mr Patrick CHAN who told us everything, our room was ready and we were 20 meters far from from the sea !The room was very well furnished with bath and shower .Every day at 5 pm we were delivered a glass of rum with snack ,the service was excellent .As I said the beach is very near there is a lot of space under the trees you can swim very easily and the view on the MORNE is great .You can spend hours there;the pool is quiet and internet access is free and very easy .The food at the restaurant was very good and the drinks not too much expensive .
We only had one bad point:the diving experience .I am an openwater padi diver and when I reported to the beach they told me the diving time was at 12 and being over 60 I needed a medical certification .I said ,O.K. this is the law,I am a doctor I give my own certification ,they did not agree I had to go to a Mauricius doctor ! I gave up .Usually in all ,hotels the diving counter is the friendlest place ,here it is not,if you want a 2 dives a day diving stay,this is not the place .
But this is the place if you rent a car and want to visit all the island and there is a lot to be seen,,you are really near from any destination in the island even if the best beach is Flic en Flac
I recommend this hotel for his service and his localisation ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sands Resort & Spa is a 4 star deluxe hotel situated in Wolmar, on the west coast of Mauritius. With its 92 spacious bedrooms, 3 restaurants, spa, entertainment facilities, fine sandy beach, crystal clear lagoon and unrivalled view across the Bay of Tamarin and Le Morne, this resort is the ideal hideaway for those looking for serenity, comfort and personalised service in an elegant setting and typical Mauritian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Resort Mauritius
- Sands Resort & Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac