Stayed here for 10 nights when on honeymoon. My wife and I had a fantastic time. The room was really amazing, nice views of the garden and beach. The Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom design was brilliant because it had shutters you could open and close. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive and the grounds and the Oriental design meant that the it was all very relaxing.
I'm not sure that I could have picked a better hotel in the area for our honeymoon, we were both certainly very happy with our stay.
Room - amazing room, was about a luxiourious as we could have hoped for.
Setting - the hotel grounds are really well put together, the gardens are very well kept and look amazing in the sun. The views of the mountains from the Spa are also very soothing. The beach was very nice and not too busy.
Staff - all very friendly, the restaurant team were superb and looked after both of us really well.
Tipping - there is no tipping required! The approach taken is to leave a tip at the end of the stay and that is divided up between the staff. This works well and avoids any awkward situations when doing anything around the hotel.
Food - my wife was in love with the buffet dining experiences, the huge arrays of dishes meant that there was something for everybody. The only slight catch is that if you are there more than 6 or so nights the menus loop back around, but given the huge choices you should still be kept entertained.
Lots of ants .. these seemed to present in our room and would go for our toilet and the mini-bar area. For the most part they were a mild annoyance, the Room service people were very good in helping to keep them at bay
Half board is recommended because the food at the hotel otherwise is quite expensive. The only downside is that when the hotel is not that full they move away from the fantastic buffets to a set menu service which did restrict choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of Mauritius at this luxury hotel, which spreads over 9 hectares of tropical garden on the west coast of the island. Most of our rooms and suites have been fully renovated in a modern Asian decor using natural materials. Rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access and the Sofitel MyBed for ultimate comfort. Pamper yourself at our Asian style spa, enjoy a day at the golden beach, or savour gourmet cuisine in our restaurant and we will make sure you relax in style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sofitel Imperial Hotel
- Accor Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Flic En Flac
- Wolmar Sofitel
- Sofitel Imperial Mauritius
- Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa Flic En Flac