I stayed at sofitel flic en flac from 3rd Dec to 6th Dec. The place is excellent but while driving my driver said that "it is a french hotel". I said "so what", the management can be from anywhere. But i actually found that the guy was correct. During the cocktail where Jean Marie Gustav was invited all the Hotelmanagement taled in french. Very few english words, that means the hotel believes it caters to french population only. I from India could not understand anything.
Though the place is excellent but next time i may try some other hotel where i do not feel out of place in such a get together. Not sure if non-french speaking folks are un-welcome. I found this as french snobbery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of Mauritius at this luxury hotel, which spreads over 9 hectares of tropical garden on the west coast of the island. Most of our rooms and suites have been fully renovated in a modern Asian decor using natural materials. Rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access and the Sofitel MyBed for ultimate comfort. Pamper yourself at our Asian style spa, enjoy a day at the golden beach, or savour gourmet cuisine in our restaurant and we will make sure you relax in style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Tingo, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sofitel Imperial Hotel
- Accor Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Flic En Flac
- Wolmar Sofitel
- Sofitel Imperial Mauritius
- Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa Flic En Flac