The first few hours I thought I was on candid camera. Check-in was pretty efficient, but once we got in the room the problems started. Wi-Fi is not working. We asked to be relocated to a room with Wi-Fi and were told that wouldn't be possible. So we went to the beach. We asked for towels at the kiosk, where we were told they were out of towels. A very rude employee told us that they'll get some towels "ten minutes after the sunset." Why, thanks, that's great, we're only paying $300 a night and wouldn't expect towel service to be included in that price! We've decided to go have a beer instead, and waited about half an hour to get our drinks, and 10 more minutes to get our sandwiches.
The list of inconveniences goes on: at the buffet dinner and breakfast they would run of chicken, or cheese, or other items some 10 minutes after service started. For $60 a person, a dinner of lentils and potatoes is not so great, particularly if you're a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy! The Japanese dinner is a much better deal, but still nowhere close to what you would expect from a four star establishment.
We've seen a big cockroach in our room one night. Otherwise, service, when provided, is very slow.
Now for the good part: the beach is great and well maintained. The views and the water are wonderful. There's a large pool that we haven't used, but which looks great. There's free sailing (unfortunately the fleet is not well maintained). Snorkeling is also great (do it on your own, not using the scheduled trips from the boat house which give you about 15 minutes of actual snorkeling). Unfortunately all the good pales when considering the lack of value for money that the hotel provides overall. While one of the most expensive hotels we've ever stayed in, Sofitel Mauritius has the worst service by far among all hotels we've tried (including a Motel 6 outside of Portland, Maine).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of Mauritius at this luxury hotel, which spreads over 9 hectares of tropical garden on the west coast of the island. Most of our rooms and suites have been fully renovated in a modern Asian decor using natural materials. Rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access and the Sofitel MyBed for ultimate comfort. Pamper yourself at our Asian style spa, enjoy a day at the golden beach, or savour gourmet cuisine in our restaurant and we will make sure you relax in style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, ACCOR, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sofitel Imperial Hotel
- Accor Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Flic En Flac
- Wolmar Sofitel
- Sofitel Imperial Mauritius
- Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa Flic En Flac