Check in was smooth and welcoming - it was very personalized and you got to sit in the lobby and relax while they checked you in. An upscale touch that I've enjoyed at places like the Four Seasons.
Also the Concierge was helpful in booking a day trip.
Beach service could be improved. They employ the "towel" card concept here like they do at other beach hotels. It's so Obnoxious!! Hilton you need to do away with the towel cards. One towel per person?? You need at least two - one to line the beach chair and another to dry with. It's just an annoying thing to deal with when you're on a beach vaca and when you stay at a nicer tier of hotels you never have to deal with stupid stuff like this.
Also the beach is covered in rocks and leaves and coral. I'd understand if this were a public beach but since it's on property they should groom it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This five-star resort enjoys an exceptionally sunny position, located on the western coast. It stands on one of the island's most famous beaches, Flic en Flac. The warm and refined atmosphere of the Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, characterised by a unique purity of line, has been built using a palette of forms and colours to evoke a contemporary Asian and Mauritian design in perfect harmony with its lush setting. This delicate atmosphere can also be found in the 193 rooms and suites laid out in series of low buildings, all of them facing out to the sea and the setting sun. The choice of restaurants includes La Pomme d'Amour with its range of local and international fare, Ginger Thai featuring authentic Thai cuisine. Hotel guests can as well enjoy lunch at Les Coquillages, the beach restaurant.Relax and unwind at The Spa Mauritius, inspired from the 4 sensorial elements - fire, water, air and earth. Guests can choose from a wide range of treatments to restore their natural equilibrium. Apart from the water sports and activities available at the hotel, guests have access to a 9-hole putting green, three tennis courts and a Kids Club, for children aged from 4 to 12, and run by a team of fully qualified professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac