“Good diving school with experienced guides” 4 of 5 stars

+230 453 84 425
Website
Improve this listing
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
“Good diving school with experienced guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

We did our SSI Adventure Diver with the sea Urchin school. This school is the only one in Flic en Flac which offers SSI courses. Every other school (ticabo) does not offer them and tries to convince you to Padi instead...
Both Perrine and Katharina are very experienced and show you things you do not see by yourself if you are not experienced. We were lucky to see Eagle Rays ;)
The equipment is not state of the art but clean and functioning perfectly.
Prices are comparable to other schools in the aera.

Visited September 2014

Geneva, Switzerland
10 attraction reviews
“Amazing time :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

This was our second time diving with this centre and as expected we had a great time. Katharina and her team took great care of us ! In fact this time I accomplished my Rescue Diver certification thanks to katharina. She taught me a a lot about helping divers in trouble and she really took my training seriously by passing me her experience and expertise. I would definitely recommend doing the courses that this centre offers !! We will be coming back for sure !!!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Thank you for the patience! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

Let me give you all a little background - I have a bit of a sinus problem, and as such, I LOATHE being submerged in water. Even in the shower! I've been scuba diving once before in sharm el sheikh, and lasted about 5 minutes in the water before I started freaking out.

Some people are fine jumping in under water, and others such as myself, panic.

But with the dive instructors here (especially the German lady who's name I forgot!) Was absolutely wonderful, and had so much patience.

They spend a lot of time just talking to us and explaining the principles of diving. They also took us in through the beach, so we can get used to having our heads under water.

After this, I still wasn't comfortable. The dive team took MORE time out to help me get used to it. Something I'm very grateful for, because when I got into the water I felt like a natural!

There were 3 instructors with us, and only about 5 of us diving - a great ratio.

I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking to dive in flic-en-flac!

Price wise, we only paid about 2000 rupees (£40) each which is pricier than places like Egypt, but very well priced for Mauritius.

I would definitely recommend this place, and the instructors who were all very friendly too!

Munich, Germany
4 attraction reviews
“Great dive center, wonderful crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

From the beginning, the crew of the dive center was friendly and helpful in every way. They achieved to have different groups on different levels, which other dive centers fail upon.

They organized the transport between our hotel and the dive center.

Absolutely friendliest divers!!

Visited December 2014
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
“Great, easy going dive centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

We booked a dive with Sea Urchin since we were staying just down the road from them in Flic en Flac. We were a bit unsure of what to expect but were totally satisfied. as one of the other reviewers said, Sea Urchin Diving center are the perfect mix of chilled out, friendly and organised. When you dive with them you get your well maintained gear at their shop over a cup of coffee then take a short walk down to their boat. We dived with Katharina on one occasion and Nicolas on another, both put us at ease with their skill an knowledge. Nicolas seemed to have a 6th sense of the reef and sea life on it! Would dive with them again on our next visit to Mauritius!

Visited December 2014