“stunning settings” 4 of 5 stars

(230) 453 9650 / 5640
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Pretoria, South Africa
“stunning settings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited this restaurant because of its reviews I heard from other colleagues. I was not dissapointed. We were treated like royalty and although our group was too big to eat on the island tables, romantically set in the middle of the pond, we had a lovely table close to the falls.
The gardens are ideal for weddings, private parties with ponds, waterfalls, cave-like fish tanks, gazebos and live music. The waitrons were lovely, the food was delicious, based on oriental type taste. Wheelchair friendly. We did wait a little for the food and the mosquitos were plenty, so relax, enjoy the wine and company and take along mosquito repelent.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“SUper friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Highly recommended. Great pro-active service. Good alternative to expensive high-class hotel restaurants.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I had previously been reluctant to go to Domaine Anna as I had been told it was overly priced. However, I decided to take my wife there on the last evening of our stay in Flic en Flac, and I was pleasantly surprised.
We had no reservations, but were lucky to get a table on what was very clearly a very busy evening for this huge restaurant. And what a table we got. We would have been very pleased if we had got this through a reservation made months ago. It was by the water side, on a sort of pontoon, away from the main restaurant. The views of the man made lakes, the lighting and the sound of water flowing away all made it extremely romantic.
The menu was mostly Chinese food, which we love. The food from appetisers to desert, were all excellent. We both had massive portions of very very tasty food.
The service is what probably made it even more special. The young staff looking after us made us feel very special indeed and could not do enough to help. I only had to reach for the bottle of wine or try to serve myself some food before a staff member would come over and do it for me.
Finally, the price. As mentioned I thought it was going to be very over priced, but we were pleasantly surprised that the price were mostly on the same level as other restaurants in Flic en Flac. For a four course dinner for two, with a bottle of wine and a bottle of still water, the final bill came to rs 3400 (about £70). This is what you would pay in a London restaurant, without the views, the level of service and the type of food. We had a very good evening and will be going again when we go back to Flic en Flac in future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Not value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Bad experience. Very nice setting but the food is not good. The lamb I had was frozen, dry and tasteless. The crab of all things was frozen! Service was slow and it was an effort to get a waiter. The only good thing was the salad. The sauces comes from either tins or packets. The same sauce goes over the meat, prawns and fish. I don't understand how they get. 4 on Tripadvisor? Live entertainment was a Poona player playing with a programmed band.

Not worth the distance that one has to travel to get there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“The only good restaurant in Flic En Flak and maybe in the whole island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Such a great dinning experience we went there twice as there isnt much out the resorts for proper dinning.

Excellent creole seasfood cuisine, a restaurant not to be missed.

Colossal value for your rupees!

• Visited October 2012