“We had an ace time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emeraude Beach Attitude

You added Emeraude Beach Attitude to your Saves list
Emeraude Beach Attitude
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Royal Road, Belle Mare, Mauritius (Formerly Emeraude Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
“We had an ace time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my partner have just come home from emeraude beach hotel and we were very sad to leave! The hotel it's self is small but that's what we were looking for not over run with children. We had the emeraude all inclusive package which includes breakfast lunch dinner all soft drinks beer and a glass of wine at dinner time. We were very happy with this option and if we did want a cocktail they were all reasonably priced. The beach is just across the small road we loved the beach! We were always down in the morning after breakfast to claim our spot if there wasn't any parasol's left we would gladly share with other people and other people would share with us.... Some other guests weren't as kind though! I just think its a parasol! I'd rather share then some one get burnt! But that's not the hotel's fault. The food was good always a good choice if you wanted or needed anything then the staff would always help. Our room was cleaned every day we loved the shower! There is nothing worse then going to stay at a hotel that has a bad shower. The good thing about emeraude beach hotel is the atmosphere at night guests will be all chatting to each other even if there might of been a language barrier or not, every one would be dancing the hotel also provided entertainment like African dancers and bands every one always got into the spirit! I want to thank sarinita for always smiling and chatting to us at lunch times, sammy the bar man he made me cry on our last day he gave me a big hug before we went such a lovely man oh and not forgetting Nicholas the entertainer he was fab! It makes me sad when I read bad reviews about emeraude beach hotel because it's only a 3 star what do you expect for 3 star?! We paid for 3 star but were treated like 5 star!

• Stayed February 2013
H0tels_Management, Ashok Mooroteea at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your heartfelt review: we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay at Emeraude Beach Attitude.

Sarinita, Nicholas and Sammy are delighted to know they helped make your holidays in Mauritius a moment to remember.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again in “our home”.

Warm regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was looking for small,easy going,good food and excellent service hotel and I am happy | found Emeraude.Once you enter the reception you feel friendly approach of the staff.The property is quite small ...one restaurant,one bar,2 small swimming pools and eventhough the hotel was full there was enough space for everyone.The wide,clean beach is just across the street and its really beautifull.The sea is very good for snorkling and if you need to see the reef and colorful fishes the hotel organise in all inclusive package free one hour glass bottom trips also the trip to the beatiful island "il aux cerfs".Once you decide to go for day trips the restaurant prepare lunch box (sandwich,fruits and soft drinks)The hotel provide beach service the drinks and ocasionally the snacks or fruits which was very nice.We were travelling with 2 kids 6 and 9 yrs old and they also really enjoyed the place.We were accommodated in the superior room on the ground floor.The hotel rooms are very good,clean and we had everything we needed in it.The hotel service was excellent ,staff accesible and we get very quick respond for anything we required.I had a feeling the General Manager Ashok Mooroteea was happy to talk to the guests and his positive attitiude was very natural and influence all team.Even remember some polish words and always welcomed us in polish which was quite unique for us and funny for kids.
We moved later to the second very nice Attitude hotel Tropical but I definitely I felt better in Emeraude.I fully recoomend the place,friendly staff (Ashok,Kevin,Sarita and many people the names I dont remember),good food.I would return to the hotel in a second.This is 3* hotel but provide 5* service.

Room Tip: We had room 125 overlooking the steet and beach ,so the rooms in the back garde could be more peacfu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
H0tels_Management, Ashok Mooroteea at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Marta,

Jin dobre

We thank you for your very nice review on our hotel and on our Family Members.

It was really nice meeting you and your family and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again at Emeraude Beach Attitude… however do let me know in advance so I can go back to my Polish books!

Dobre verture pano !!!

Warm regards,

Durban, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm afraid we were rather disappointed with our stay at Emeraude Beach Attitute. We had booked a room with two single beds for my son and his cousin. On arrival we were advised that the hotel was full and the only room available for them was with a double bed. The boys (both 20 and over 6ft) refused to share a bed. The only other option the hotel could offer us was a double room and a tiny cot-like bed suitable for a 6 yr old.
We were told all non-motorised water sports would be part of our package. Well, there is absolutely no water sport available. Not even a simply kayak to paddle. Hugely disappointing. We didn't take our snorkelling equipment as we were advised that snorkels and masks would be available at the hotel. When we enquired, we were told that the snorkels were only available if you went out on the glass bottomed boat. Fine, except the boat only went out twice a day, and was fully booked. We managed to snorkel only once in the week.
We were advised that a 'fully inclusive package" would include free drinks and food should we be hungry out of mealtimes. This is not the case as only beer and cold-drinks are free and only if you sit at the bar or at the pool area. We were allowed 1 glass of wine per person at our evening meal. Snacks available in the room had to be paid for at astronomical prices, and the tea and coffee available in the room also had a price tag attached. Morning tea and coffee only available in the dining room.
The ping pong table was broken in half and only 2 rather scruffy bats. The snooker table was coin operated, another thing to part you from your money.
I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel if your children are over the age of 10. In fact I wouldnt recommend this hotel at all. We were hoping our first trip to Mauritius would be fun-filled days of sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and windsurfing with evenings filled with music and dancing. Not to be, and we came home feeling cheated and disappointed. A complete waste of money.
To give credit where credit is due. The beach was clean and very quiet, although lots of coral in the water, so some sort of swimming shoe would be recommended.
Full marks to those responsible for our Christmas Eve meal served at the hotel. It was probably the highlight of our holiday.
Were we wrongly advised by our Travel Agent or was the Hotel just not up to the standard we were expecting??

Room Tip: Our room was next to the Spa. Lovely and quiet but vegetation rather overgrown.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
H0tels_Management, Ashok Mooroteea at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Sandy,

I take good note of your comments concerning your December stay at Emeraude Beach Attitude and understand your disappointment as the Hotel did not match the description that was given to you.

Emeraude Beach Attitude is a 60-room hotel offering a genuine seaside experience in a relaxed and cozy environment. Our hotel does not provide an “all-inclusive Club” experience “a la Club Med”.

We would like to once again apologize for not having been able to offer a twin room. We organized for an additional bed to be put in the room and propose to move them to another room the next day but the 6 ft beds were deemed too small.

Rest assured that despite being a popular hotel we have at heart to meet our guest’s expectations. We have contacted your travel agency to ensure that there will be no misunderstanding about the hotel and services in the future.

Best regards

kent, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

From the first to the last day the staff made you feel very welcome indeed. Our room was bright and clean, our first cleaner was Anna, she was so polite and friendly and went out of her way to help us if we needed it. My husband has already mentioned the air con not working properly but the hotel could not help us enough, they even moved us to another room. Okay we had a cyclone in the first week and I was pleasantly surprised at how the hotel manager Ashok,(and you pronounce his name as if you have your finger in the electric socket and recieved a shock!Advised us not to go out as the cyclone was on phase 2, very caring indeed, looking out for us, always a shake of the hand and asking how you were. Kevin was always courteous and friendly .
There was always a good choice of food in the restaurant but if nothing you fancied the chefs were happy to oblige to your taste buds, and the beatiful Sarita and the very funny and friendly Kavi, ask him to balance a spoon on his nose my husband taught him that.
For a 3 star hotel we got 5 star treatment. We spent New Years Eve there and had a thoroughly enjoyable time, champagne, cocktails and amazing food choice, everywhere beautifully decorated.
We had an amazing time having two full body massages together, a perfect tranquil experience.
The design of the hotel is very well thought out, beautiful plants and shrubs.
There was a good choice of drinks and cocktails on offer, and the bar staff were lovely, especially Sami, he is such an assett to the hotel.
The layout of the bar was nice with a beautiful thatched roof, comfy seats a plenty, however my only downfall is the sand, for me they could do away with it, not the best when walking in your heels.
Some of the evening entertainment was a joy and thoroughly entertaining but I was not very impressed with the entertainer Nicolas, well not my cup of tea anyway, to me he did not show much interest in you he did the usual hello but was not keen to hang around, or do many activities, but hey I was there for my Honeymoon so was entertained plenty, by my husband.
The beach was delightful, it was nice to have your own personal sun canopys just for the hotel, and dear sweet Coco who would fetch our drinks for us.
The glass bottom boat was a real plus as it was free and part of the hotel package, also the trip to the beatiful island "il aux cerfs" which was also free, the boat trip was lovely seeing the blue sea in different shades of blue, however, although the beach was beautiful, it was as good as our hotels beach, and the drinks were free being all inclusive, so paying for your drinks was not as fun, we found ourselves waiting to go back to our hotel, as there was not alot to do on the island.
We hired a car for 2 days, the first day we drove to the North of the island, a little disappointing as we only found 1 place of interest to visit, the sightseeing book is not very good telling you where to find anywhere they suggested. The second day we drove to the South of the island what a difference so beautiful and plenty of places to see and well signposted, although I have to warn you of place called the Rochester Falls, all signs were hand written, however you drive up a track through a sugar cane field and upon reaching the end you will find a man and some other people diving off the waterfall but my warning is, they want money from you for diving even though we did not ask him to, he did not become aggressive but demanded more money from us, we did not have anymore which made me feel very uncomfortable indeed. We did not expect this as the other places of interest were not like this. Alexandra Falls was well worth a visit, with breathtaking views, outstanding.
Do not get conned into taking out extra insurance as a cash only payment, we did not argue as the fella was recommended by Kevin, on speaking to the hotel manager about this he does not agree with what happened and is looking into it for us, hoping to get some money back.

Room Tip: Balcony room is best, if it faces towards the sea, beautiful to look at each morning however you do...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Ashok Mooroteea at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Sarah,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review on Emeraude Beach Attitude.

Your review has been shared with all the “Family Members”.

We are delighted to hear that you made the most of your honeymoon while staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Wishing you a very happy married life.

Kind regards

Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hi all just got back from our honeymoon after two wonderful weeks at the emeraude beach. The title I Scream refers to the ice cream vans that turn up on a regular basis right outside the hotel. Now after a hard day of having full breakfast, sunbathing, snorkelling, going on glass bottom boat for an hour, having a few beers before lunch then more beers after lunch then sunbathing, snorkelling or even visiting another island then having Coco get more beers, well you can imagine by the time the early evening come around I needed a lay down with my new wife well I am on honeymoon, you do not want toni bell toni bell toni bell, ringing in your ears for a good five minutes so a little word was needed and low and behold they now have moved away from the front entrance so people like us do not get disturbed. Satisfied yes indeed we were. We had to move rooms because our air-con did not work when we 1st arrived. So changed rooms and had one at the front with great view so no complaints there. Room boy made different animals every day with the towels, made my wife cry on last day with the words GOOD BYE. So thank you Mr. Ashok mooroteea and all your staff, (Sami, the barman just ask for Sami special, Kavi, Sarita, Kevin, Alvin.) So if you want ice cream all you have to do is ask for it like anything else you require Cheers Steve.Sarah

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, But we prefered a top floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve and Sarah,

All the Family Members including Sami, Kavi, Sarita, Kevin and Alvin join me to thank you for your nice review.

We are delighted to hear you made the most of your holidays while staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

Carmel,GWYNEDD.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for a coupe of weeks during June 2012 but for some reason I never got around
to submitting a review at the time. We travelled as a couple on a basic all-inclusive ie we
did'nt have the afternoon tea or the drinks.
We enjoyed ourselves immensely. Linda spent most of the time either in the pool or on the
beach whilst I went beach walking most days. The hotel was great no complaints either about
the accommadation or the food but the entertainment was disappointing and repetative but
thankfully it did'nt involve a disco. There was a good crowd of other residents and most
evenings were spent chatting. There seemed to be a lack of loungers on the beach and some
were damaged according to Linda who wrestled with a few. We hired a car for three days and
spent them touring around the island very enjoyable. I have to make an addmission at this
stage that in my case these reviews need to be written at the time or soon afterwards or I
have erased all relevant details from my memory. ( Yes correct I will have forgotten ).
We thought the hotel represented good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Ashok Mooroteea at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Emeraude Beach Attitude to other travelers.

We have taken good note of your suggestions and remarks.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at Emeraude Beach Attitude,

Kind regards,

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Date of stay: 05/01/2013 – 18/01/2013.
This was one of the best holidays I have had. I usually stay in 5* hotels and due to budget travelling just after Christmas, we decided to try a cheaper hotel. I was slightly worried at first but this hotel was brilliant. I would definitely go back to Mauritius and stay in this hotel again.
Upon arrival we were given a refreshing drink and taken direct to our room. They would not let us carry our bags with was great.
When we got there our air con wasn’t working, however we reported it to reception and within 30 minutes it had been fixed.
The hotel has 2 nice pools and just across the road is a lovely beach. Snorkelling there is brilliant, however pack sea shoes as there is lots of coral with urchins! Coco who does the beach service is very friendly and eve gave us a guide book to borrow.
The complimentary glass bottom boat ride was also brilliant, worth doing!
The room was nice…. They cleaned it every day and it was spotless. However my only criticism was that they would take the towels in the morning when they cleaned the room but then did not deliver new towels until later on in the afternoon. On one occasion we came back from the beach and had a shower before lunch, only to come out the shower and have no towels at all. Luckily we had bought a towel with us.
Resturant: The restaurant was lovely… Jimmy and the lady who works in the morning was very helpful and polite. The food was good and there was a good selection. The staff kept the buffet topped up 90% of the time so there was always plenty of food available. On a few occasions the food was not to my partners liking (due to the fact he is a fussy eater rather than the quality of the food) so the staff went out of their way to accommodate and would make him an alternative. If there is something you do not like or something you want, all you have to do is ask and the staff are more than happy to accommodate. On one occasion my partner didn’t have much on his plate and the manager asked if everything was ok, to which my partner replied there wasn’t anything he fancied, they then insisted of making him something else which was brilliant. I have been to several 5* hotels that aren’t anywhere near as prepared to help you enjoy your stay as this hotel is.
Package: The all-inclusive PREMIEM package is a must as it includes all your cocktails and wine. We booked all inclusive believing all drinks and food would be included only to get there to find all that was included was soft drinks and draught beer. There was the option of upgrading but as we had already budgeted for the holiday, we weren’t prepared to pay the extra to upgrade. Disappointing. However I believe this was more the travel provider and Kuoni’s error as we should have been told this when we booked.
Spa: We had two couples massages during our stay. Both were very relaxing. Staff were friendly and the welcome and spa were very nice.
Nicholas the entertainment manager is brilliant. He is willing to go out of his way to help you in any way he can. Nicolas frequently came over every few hours to see how we were and if we needed anything.
Entertainment: The entertainment was good. Nicholas has evening entertainment plus things during the day such as quizzes, water polo, a guided walk to the local town, a cycle ride, learning creole etc. We even did yoga on the beach! However my only criticism would be that they should alternate the entertainment so it is repeated every 2 weeks rather than every week. As we stayed for 2 weeks we saw the each of the evenings entertainment twice. On one of their nights there was a local band called Rebelution who were BRILLIANT! I even bought their CD.
Excursions: While you are there I would recommend taking advantage of some of the various excursions. We went rock climbing at Albion lighthouse, walking with Lions, Quad Biking and a rando fun day (a day of zip wiring). All were brilliant but walking with Lions and Quad Biking were both amazing experiences.
The staff were all incredibly friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you. Everyone said hello whenever they saw you and the managers were all very attentive. We saw a ceremony where they cut the top of a champagne bottle using a sabre…. My partner was given the chance to do this which was a great privilege. The manager even went to the extra effort to get him a certificate which was a lovely touch and very appreciated.
I definitely will be going back to this hotel in the future. I have been all over the world and this is the first time I left a destination and will really miss the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Ashok Mooroteea at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Stephanie,

All the Family Members join me to thank you for your nice review.

Regarding the All Inclusive packages, please note that you can get more information on these two packages directly on our website.

We have taken good note of your remark regarding the entertainment program rotation.

We are delighted to hear that you made the most of your holidays while staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards

Ashok Mooroteea

Been to Emeraude Beach Attitude? Share your experiences!