Overall I liked this place. As a previous contributor noted – it is what it is – a 3* all inclusive. The staff are helpful and polite. Jimmy, Samy and Kevin all deserve a mention. The manager (Ashok) seems nice enough and let us has a late check-out. The clientèle was 70% French, 10% German and 20% UK as far as I could tell.
The problem here is that the infrastructure is tired. It took 2 days to get the A/C to blow cool air and then it emitted a flood of water overnight. So after using a kettle to catch the outpouring, we then moved rooms as it was untenable.
The food in the restaurant is poor quality (didn’t see a prawn all week). Generally bland even when doing ‘Indian’ night, and not that much of it. Some of it truly awful.
Lovely beach over a small road. Good thatched parasols, but the sunbeds are knackered, not an unbroken arm among them. The beach mattresses are worn out and mostly split. The beach towels are threadbare and often torn. The idea of raising a blue flag for service (drink) sort of works.
5-10 minute walk into town with a variety of shops and a place to change money at a decent rate.
If you want to chill out on a white sand beach with great weather and decent booze. This is a good place. If you are expecting top quality pampering try The Residence up the road, only £6k per week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emeraude Beach Attitude faces one of the island's most beautiful beaches, Belle Mare beach with its kilometres of white sand, turquoise and emerald lagoon running along the east coast.Holidays are spent swimming and diving in a turquoise sea, without forgetting the magic of the glass bottom boat trips. To that genuinely Mauritian seaside holiday experience, the two bonuses offered are the beach attendance with Coco and his typically Mauritian beach cart, and the serenity of the Spa Attitude.Wood, stone and thatch are widely used in decoration and architecture.Built in the middle of a lush green garden, the four room bungalows totalising 61 rooms are decorated with refined taste and creativity.Of small capacity, friendly and charming, this 3 star hotel, together with its Family Members with their typical Mauritian expertise, reminds one of the old days gentle way of life.Its innovative package "Emeraude Plus" is ideal to enjoy unrestrainedly, as a couple or a family, a seaside holiday in such an exclusive spot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Emeraude Beach Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Mauritius/Belle Mare