“One of the Best Golf Resorts” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
CONSTANCE LUXURY GOLF
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Richmond, United Kingdom
“One of the Best Golf Resorts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent hotel with lots of facilities and excellent food. We go for the golf and are never disappointed (this was our 6th visit). The 2 courses differ in make up but are both challenging for the experienced golfer as well as friendly enough to allow the novice to enjoy their holiday.

Room Tip: Sea View suites are the best value
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time that you have afforded to write about your experience from your home away from home on Trip Advisor.

We always say that the most simple words are usually the most sincere. I am delighted to read that after your 6th stay you still have a little word of praise for this resort which is now your second home.

Thank you for your sincere appreciation and recommendation. You are the reason why we still like to do this job.

I sincerely wish that you join me for a toast on your seventh visit.

Gert Puchtler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

In February this year, I and my wife made a trip to Mauritius for our honeymoon and stayed at belle mare plage. We were so delighted to see the ambiance of the hotel and fell in love with this place at first sight. We have spent really lovely time and will always remember and cherish the 7 days we spent here.
This is truely 5 star hotel with lot of good offerings ranging from room services, food, water sports etc.. Staff here is very friendly and always well manners. Its big property but they have shuttle services all over the resort and you don't need to wait even for 5 mins to get it at any point. Mr Kailash is nice fellow and gave us a good treatment by picking and dropping us from various spots within resort.
Resort has nicest view of the beach and its very clean. they have nice swimming pools also for adults as well as kids. We loved the sauna and Jacuzzi, its free for the guests.
Food is too good and theme restaurants are really nice. We were on half board, so we had dinner daily at resort only. Loved the main restaurant, blue penny and deer hunter, check the theme and menu and need to book in advance. For Indian guests, Mr sohan singh is the indian chef and he took good care of us. We made some good indian snacks for us and some good dishes for dinner as we are vegeterian.
We were sad to come back on last day. We definately wanna go back to mauritius and belle mare plage, its just awesome combination!!!

Room Tip: if you are in prestige room, try to get the room towards end of the resort, its quiet and peaceful a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Constance Belle Mare Plage and for the time that you have afforded to write a review of your recent stay at our resort.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays and that all the facilities were to your convenience and that you will keep in your memories your 7 days spent in this wonderful part of the world.

Thank you for your appreciation of the quality of food and also for Chef Sohan Singh who is a real passionate and devotes his time to please all our guests with his tantalizing cuisine and for Kailash who is another passionate that will turn every stone for your well-being. I am proud to have those associates among my team.

Congratulations again for your honeymoon and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We visited Constance Belle Mare Plage in February, 2014 to spend our anniversary. We decided to go there on the basis of the reviews here, and the place didn't disappoint in any way.

We stayed in the prestige room which was what you would come to expect from a five star property. The view was absolutely stunning. I still miss getting up to that view.

All the amenities were excellent from the pool, water sports (some of which are complimentary to the guests) , golf, etc. They have so many activities to keep you occupied for days. Water sports include water skiing, kayaking(which was a blast), glass bottom boat ride, snorkeling(heavenly), scuba diving(charged), wind surfing, and many more. You wouldn't want to leave the property for any reason unless you decide to go on a bike ride which can be hired from the hotel itself. The beach is absolutely pristine with clear blue water. Most of our time was spent on the beach or in the water.

The food was excellent at the main restaurant. There are 7 restaurants to choose from. So in terms of variety there was a lot on offer. But I must warn the people who like spice, you might get disappointed, as the food is catered more for the european palette than people from the Indian sub continent. We were fortunate to meet the Indian chef, Mr. Sohan Singh who made our experience even more memorable. His food was excellent and he took great care of us. He was an absolute gentlemen.

The staff here are excellent. They were very hospitable. Mr Kailash took great care of us. He even organized a nice drive around the golf course which was one of the highlights of our trip. The golf course was previously a Deer reserve, so you can find deers roaming freely about while you get in a round of golf.

I would definitely recommend this place to anybody who want to escape the city life and just unwind. My wife and I are definitely going there again and have already pencilled in a date.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have chosen the Constance Belle Mare Plage for your holidays on the basis of reviews from other travelers on this website.

I would like to thank you particularly for sharing on your turn your experience to even more travelers and for confirming the existing recommendations.

The Constance Belle Mare Plage is without any pretension a wonderful place, well located in this part of the world, that offers as you have mentioned a variety of activities for all tastes served by dedicated and passionate team members like Sohan Singh and Kailash.

Thank you for your appreciation and high recommendation. All the team will keep on memories the pleasure they had to be at your service.

I look forward to welcome you soon back home.

Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

In February this year my wife and I made a second trip in five years to Belle Mare Plage and we can't understand why we waited so long to return. We remembered it as a superb hotel with great facilities and service and were delighted to find that the hotel has actually improved. The buffet restaurant meals had much more variation and were of excellent quality. Our room was of an exceptionally high standard and the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff was, quite simply, astounding. And, if you're a golfer, the hotel boasts two two excellent golf courses. This hotel gets our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite and ask for a sea view if that's what you prefer. Both our visits have...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to your for staying one again at our resort and renew with what you have left after your first visit.

I am particularly delighted to read that you have noticed the improvements that have been brought and that the facilities and services were still to your convenience.

I would like to thank you also for the time that you have taken to write about your experience at our resort. Your appreciation and recommendation go straight to our heart.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon for yet another great moments.

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I visited here for my honeymoon, & was delighted to see the ambiance, the food quality & variety, special mention of the Indian chef here: Mr. Sohan Singh, who is expert in indian cuisine, staff here is very polite & helpful, rooms are beautiful & spacious & well maintained.
Resort provides state of the art facilities such as water sports, Spa, Golf course & theme restaurants.

Room Tip: always ground floor....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays and that all the facilities and services were to your convenience.

Thank you for your appreciation of the quality of food and also for Chef Sohan Singh who is a real passionate and devotes his time to please all our guests with his tantalizing cuisine.

The team joins me to congratulate you again for your honeymoon and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our 4th time in the hotel, and during previous years we have always been positively surprised by the facility, staff, service, location and everything and it has felt like 5star+ experience. Now, we stayed 4 days during our wedding trip and were unfortunately partly disappointed. The hotel did not notice our wedding/honeymoon at all, room was just renovated with tacky taste & smell of algy in the bathroom (and, cockroaches...), staff was good but lots of newcomers who were missing exceptional service attitude and skills. We had a good experience, though, but closer to a plain-vanilla 4-star than anything else as we cannot recall any instance we would have been positively surprised, or that our expectations would have been exceeded. We travelled with 4 children/teenagers and had 2 standard rooms. Thanks for the long-term staff who saved our visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip advisor about your experience following your stay at our resort.

I am indeed disheartened to read that there are a number of issues you would have preferred to happen the right way. I would like to sincere apologize if this stay was not totally to your expectations.

Please rest assured that l have taken all the issues that you have mentioned with my management team who have already taken the necessary corrective measures.

I would very much like to alter what has happened but I am confident that you would give us the opportunity and honor to amend your perception of how we treat our customers.

Thank you for your very good rating, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am writing this review 11 months after our stay. I am trying to keep it objective but I have to admit that having spent 10 days at this property of which 6 were spent in torrential rains didn't help us coming away with the best impressions.
The good things are the wonderful location and pristine beach, the immaculate grounds and generally the sense one feels lucky to be in such a wonderful part of the world.
The not so good things... problems with hot and water cold in our bathroom, returning to the room from the beach and finding that there is no water at all in the bathroom but we haven't been advised of this, many visits from the maintenance people trying to resolve the issue. The very limited number of restaurant choices despite the fact that the hotel advertises itself as having more, the fact of the matter is only a couple are open at lunch and a couple are open for dinner. Having being hit by the torrential rains for a number of days we also realised that the hotel could offer covered seating for a small number of guests..... so we were turned away from the only restaurant which was open and serving food. The fact that the tennis centre clearly offered and advertised a discount if guests were taking up to a certain number of lessons, at the time of paying the bill nobody seemed aware of such offer. The mouse/rat going around tables in one of the only two restaurants open for dinner and the near lack of apologies from the restaurant manager (the presence of the mouse/rat was probably caused once again by the insane amount of rain). All of the above was taken into consideration by the resort manager who kindly offered us an upgrade or a choice to move to a different hotel. The offer was generous and did make up partly for all the negatives but it didn't leave us with a desire to return to this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to write about your personal experience on Trip Advisor after following your stay at our resort.

I am glad to read that after so many days and months, the Constance Belle Mare Plage is still in your memories. I am very sorry that the climatic condition at that time has partly spoiled your holidays. Please rest assured that if we could have control over that part of nature, sincerely we would have changed it.

Thank you for your appreciation of the location, beach and the cleanliness of the environment. Reading your review I note with concern that somehow, there has been a succession of disappointment and I am extremely sorry that this stay was not to your expectations. However, I am glad that you have appreciated our gesture of upgrading your comfort whilst you were still at the resort.

Unfortunately we cannot alter what has already happened but for sure if you have thought of us after 11 months, it means that there is an impression of 'to be continued...', which somehow translates your wish to come back.

I welcome this idea and invite you to contact us when you decide to come back and definitely my team and I would wish to amend and improve your perception of a stay at our resort.

I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you on a next trip to this wonderful part of the world.

Gert Puchtler

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!