“The most exquisite holiday” 5 of 5 stars

You added LUX Belle Mare to your Saves list
LUX Belle Mare
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Coastal Road, Belle Mare, Mauritius   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
“The most exquisite holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Before traveling to Mauritious eveybody told me that i am going to the paradise. But i couldn't imagine that i will stay not only on a paradise island but in a paradise hotel also!!!
I have seen a lot of different hotels but Lux Belle Mare has impresed me with a lot of peculiar and exquisite things which you won't find in another hotels.
As a great coffee lover i was very suprised that in the hotel they roast coffee themselves and you get it freshly made. I hardly could remember better coffee that the one i have tasted in Lux Belle Mare!
Another big suprise is a real Rolls Royce and a food trailor behind it! Amazing!!
The hotel is located right in front of the most beautiful beach! And what is more there is a biggest pool where you can swim while enjoying the beach view. And have you ever watched the movie on a big screen on the beach? I Did!! It was so romantic!
Of course this place woud not be so wonderful without a great team and great people who work there. Everybody was so friendly and helpful! You could really feel the atmosphere of love and piece. All the staff members are hapy to help and assist you all the time!!!
Another best part of our holiday was the food! Oh my God! In a MIXE restaurant the breakfast and dinner buffet were amizing! Such a great variety of dishes! And everything was so tasty,you just could not stop eating! My big complements for Brigette from breakfast, she was so nice and helpful.
One more important thing that made me the happiest person on this resort is a great variety of cakes and pastries in a buffet!!! I am real sweet tooth but i have noticed that in most hotels i had stayed before cuisine was great but less attention was payed for desserts and sometimes the choice was very poor. But in Lux Belle Mare it was different. All the desserts were so delisious, i could not pick up my favorite! I think i have tasted all of them and more than one time!!
I want to say a great THANK YOU for a Pastry Chef Pascal who made an ice-cream degustation for us and told us a lot of intresting things about pastries. I can not imagine someone more friendly, passionate to his work and attentive to the guests than he was.
I would like to mention Beach Rouge which was our favorite restaurant. It was so great enjoying your meal sitting right in front of the ocean. Just wonderful!
It would take a lot of pages to write about all the details and my amazing holiday but i would really recomend this hotel if you want to get unforgetable and exquisite experience!
My best wishes and regards for Lux Belle Mare team!!! And thanks a lot for my best holidays!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX Belle Mare, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Bombochka,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review for us. You have listed many of our special features and offerings from Cafe LUX*, the world's first Rolls Royce led Gourmet food truck, the beach, the comfortable rooms, the food and beverage offerings including the wide choice of breakfast and dinner preparations to our team members! We believe the features above and many other such unique offerings like the Mari Kontan, Phone Home, Tea House (and the list continues) combine with the superlative service experiences to offer a very special relaxing holiday feel to our guests and your review reinforces our belief. Thank you for mentioning a couple of our STARS like Brigette and Chef Pascal and I shall be complimenting them for their efforts in making your stay extra special through their diligence.

All of us in the team look forward to welcoming you back soon for a yet another relaxing holiday soon;

Ashish Modak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the LUX belle mare from the 16th September 2014 for the 2nd week of our honeymoon in Mauritus having stayed at the LUX grand gaube the previous week (see other review if you are interested!)... It was good to see two quite different hotels on the island and so this review does focus a bit on the differences between the two!

First impressions were very very good of Belle Mare. Having just reopened at the start of September you can really see the effort they've gone into and everything has a really nice style to it. We got upgraded to one of the top floor Kelly Hoppen designed rooms which was a nice surprise and a great looking large room. The only downside was that there were a few minor issues with the room which despite being asked a number of times by the staff we still didn't get everything sorted by the end of our stay (e.g. sink plugs not working).

Everywhere we went the staff were all really friendly especially the team on the beach who kept us well topped up with drinks and food and we never really had to venture far from the amazing view and the sun lounger.

Overall food was pretty good in the main restaurant with some amazing desserts and a pretty wide selection. Only slight downside was that although what was featured on each themed station (indian, chinese, european) changed every day the themes didn't.. So if you weren't a fan of 1 or 2 of them it sometime limited your choice and even the most adventurous would struggle at combining roast lamb with curry or fried rice sides..

The real star of the show though is the Beach Rouge. During the day it has a fantastic Cafe Del Mar vibe with a clear view of the beach with nice snacks and drinks. In the evening it then changes colour and style to be a nice romantic dining spot. The food was amazing although not everything is included in the standard board and can get quite expensive if you want to upgrade to some of the bbq/steak options.. In particular we felt it was a shame that the tapas dishes weren't included as I think they'd have been a nice option but not really worth paying extra for. The staff here in particular really made us feel at home and were really attentive and helpful and even brought me a cake and candles for my birthday.

A number of water sports and other activities to do if you feel bored and the yoga instructors in particular were really good.

So overall really enjoyed ourselves and it was a dream location.. however why not 5 stars.. I think this is going to be a 5 star hotel (and probably already is now) but when we were there it still felt like it was being finished and the staff weren't completely into the swing of things. There wasn't major development work going on but it seemed like everytime we walked around something was being fixed, moved or adjusted which at sometimes just detracted from the perfect location.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX Belle Mare, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear gogi47,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare.

Thank you for your wonderful review for us. I am glad you had an overall wonderful stay with us and thank you for describing the several plusses of the resort in your review. I am thankful to you for mentioning towards the end of your review that we are probably by now worthy of the additional star and I can assure you and all the readers of this forum that few of the pointers mentioned by you have all been attended to and the resort is being loved by all our guests. Beach Rouge is indeed a very special restaurant and thank you for mentioning the same in your review.

I do hope that you return to experience LUX* Belle Mare once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon;

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We visited the Lux Belle Mare between 17-21 October for my wife's 30th birthday. Not knowing what to expect and to avoid disappointment, I e-mailed Sheila at guest relations to arrange some special excursions and dinners to celebrate. This was handled speedily and professionally.

On arrival, we were welcomed by Kevin who was by far the friendliest and most welcoming guest services representative I have come across. He gave us a full orientation of the resort without boring us and told us everything we needed to know. He did this quickly. Kevin's colleague Gopee was just as organised and on-the-ball arranging anything at anytime.

We stayed on a half board basis and found it completely fine. What was great was that the half board rate got you into all the speciality restaurants (albeit with some restrictions like certain menu items or credit value up to a certain amount), but this is much better than other resorts where you have to pay even if you are half board. The prices were also completely reasonable.

Some really great touches which we loved were the movies on the beach, private dinners which can be booked at additional cost, free calls home from a phone booth and a lovely Chinese tea garden manned by a great guy (Shayne..I think).

I can't say enough positive things about this resort, but in summary they are worth every penny. They don't rip you off after they get you in and they go out of their way to make sure that your stay was a fantastic one. The rooms were very comfortable (junior suite), the beach was great and the activities plentiful (and mostly free too!!). One other thing I love to see in a hotel/ resort: management were there and involved and interacted with guests.

Well done Lux Belle Mare....you have a new fan

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Les Z,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare - your home here in Mauritius! Thank you for your wonderful review for us and I am grateful to you for mentioning some of our STARS in the review like Kevin, Gopee and Shane. These gentlemen like the many other Ladies and Gentlemen in the team ensure all of our guests are looked after and attend to every single detail for the guests with genuine passion and eagerness! You have mentioned various features of the resort which makes us special including the Phone Home and many similar offerings. We believe that LUX* Belle Mare is an unique experience and your review reinforces our belief! All of us in the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Mauritius is beautiful; Lux Belle Mare makes if Paradise. A great deal of thought and care has gone into creating them most delightful environment I've experienced. The design and setting are serene, bright and welcoming. Nothing seems to be out of place - they never seem to stop cleaning the beach. Delightful staff who are trained to be professional and efficient but never aloof. Excellent options for eating from the funky beachside food caravan, of course towed by a vintage Rolls Royce to authentic Chinese and Indian inspired restaurants. I'm impressed by the brilliance of taking two of the worlds favorite and most copied styles of cuisine and producing delicious engaging food and service. The tea rooms offering ceremonies, tastings and every type of tea is another genius addition.
The rooms are lovely and have up to date facilities. Well done to the people who have inspired such an excellent experience!

Room Tip: Beachfront have the best views obviously.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jonlon,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare.

Thank you for your beautifully written review for us. You have detailed all the various features and services which make LUX* Belle Mare special - right from the wide stretch of white soft sandy beach to the rooms to the various food and beverage offerings and the different unique experiences. All of the above combined with the genuine and focussed team of ours ensures a paradise like experience for all our guests and I am glad you experienced likewise!

All of us in the team look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another relaxing holiday with us;

Belle Mare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This place is everything you will every need for a luxurious tropical island getaway.
The rooms were exceptional and the service was extremely professional yet friendly and very prompt- it could never be faulted.
The different restaurant and venue were all 5 star- every dining experience was unforgettable.
This will be a holiday destination you will never forget.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare.

Thank you for your wonderful review for us. The title of the review says it all! I am glad we stood up to your expectations and thank you for mentioning the various aspects of the offerings at the resort here which were to your liking in this review.

Mauritius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I still remember the first words from Ashish Modak when i first met him and those were "Welcome Home!". I have been traveling to many parts of the world, stayed from Mauritian Hotels, Taj Hotels to The Venetian Hotel in Macau, I must say i was very impressed by the level of hospitality at LUX Belle Mare. The exquisite food, the amazing pools, the jaw-dropping decoration of the coffee bar, and of course the rhum bar "Mari Kontan" which is the center of attraction for everyone staying at LUX. As a director of an international events and modeling agency, we have been more than blessed to host our artists at the hotel, and they have been more than thrilled to spend some days there. Beach Rouge is equipped with a fantastic decor and view, and the most brilliant sound system which is a treat for any DJ. Many hotels strive to make sure their clients have wifi everywhere, but at LUX, you are connected 100% most of the times, even in the restaurants, and the gym. I was able to watch video clips in full HD on YouTube while running on the treadmill. I even skyped with webcam with my clients. How amazing is that?

Elvis and Maista make sure that the clients are happy from the very beginning till the end. I had the chance to even meet Paul Jones a few times and i can say they all have made a brilliant work at LUX to give the real feeling of being "home away from home".

I recommend this hotel all the way!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pratyush670,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare.

Thank you for your wonderful review for us. All of us in the resort truly believe it is Home for all our guests. It is the little touches which separate us from being just another hotel / resort and it is these little things which make us be the home away from home for our guests. I am grateful to you for mentioning this in your review as also for detailing some of the special features of the resort including the very unique MARI KONTAN!

Ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The third hotel we stayed in on our 2 weeks in Mauritius. This was to be the ultimate 4 days on Mauritius and we thought it lived up to its reputation. The location on a white sand beach was perfect but not a sea you could safely swim in due to the safety buoys just off the beach due very close use by speed boats. However the pool was extremely large and temperature controlled which meant it was very warm. The room we had was on the third floor overlooking the magnificent gardens to one side of the hotel( No 3026) . It was a very large bedroom with balcony, sitting area, twin beds, dressing and bathroom and separate toilet and was kept absolutely spotless by the cleaners who went out of there way to maintain cleanliness. I mention the room number because of the one thing that spoilt the overall ambiance of the room was let down by the shoddy finish in the bathroom. This whole hotel has had a complete refurbish this year designed By Kelly Hoppen and I think she would be most disgusted at the decorative finish mainly to the woodwork and painting. I reported to the reception the the toilet would not close and stay shut due to the mortice look being fitted the wrong way round but nothing was done about it during our stay which was admittingly only four days but I think bearing in mind the overall cost of staying here this should have been attended to as a priority.The mortice keep on the bathroom door was on the point of falling off. These faults however did not let down our enjoyment of this hotel. I wonder if these have been fixed yet?
The food and drink was the best of the three hotels with a magnificent array both at breakfast and dinner. Drinks were free flowing luckily we were on all inclusive. Lunches were taken at the K Bar right by the pool drinking one of their own beers-perfect. As with the other Lux Hotels a great many activities were available in the all inclusive package. All the staff were extremely courteous and friendly . Overall a truly wonderful experience despite the faults mentioned earlier.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian9962,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare.

Thank you for your wonderful review for us. I am glad you had an overall wonderful stay with us and thank you for describing the several plusses of the resort in your review. I have also taken serious note of the issues pertaining to the woodwork and the work in the bathroom mentioned by you in the review and would like to assure you and all readers of this forum that we take every feedback shared with us at the resort and here with utmost seriousness and want to assure you that the critical issues in the room as listed by you have been resolved. Guests' comfort is of paramount importance to me and all of our team members and I sincerely thank you for your feedback. I am glad that our food and beverage offerings stood up to your expectations.

Ashish Modak

Been to LUX Belle Mare? Share your experiences!