“Fabulous Honeymoon @ Lux Villas Belle Mare” 5 of 5 stars

You added LUX Belle Mare to your Saves list
LUX Belle Mare
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Coastal Road, Belle Mare, Mauritius   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Hyderabad, India
“Fabulous Honeymoon @ Lux Villas Belle Mare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went for a 6 nights trip to Mauritius on Our Honeymoon between 14 June to 20 June 2013 . We booked a Pool Junior suite at the Lux Belle Mare , after reaching there we wanted to have an upgrade of our room . We were shown a honeymoon suite and a Private villa by Mr .Suren (Villa ) . We opted for a private villa , which is fantastic . It has a private swimming pool , a big bath tub, kitchen , dining room , and many more . It was fabulous staying in villa which made the trip magical and memorable .

At Villa we were given many special features like special breakfast & lunch . We were treated as their only guests and every need was taken care like taxi , travel , Shopping , Visits , boat house trips etc . Mr Suren was highly courteous and friendly to us .It was he who suggested Us to opt for Villa @ Lux . He was highly helpful and cooperative . All The staff at Lux were very kind .

Coming to the food we opted a half board so all the breakfast and dinner were at The Kitchen . Every day 1 item of Indian Cuisine were served . We almost got Indian food at the dinner . Other restaurants The East (famous for European food ) , Senses had Indian Dum Biryani , Sea food was fine at The Beach restaurent .

Villa stay was provided with a cocktail and appetizer every evening which were great . Ice cream parlor at the pool was something that one should not miss . Every day fresh fruits were given at villa . Villa had a 1.3 mt deep private swimming pool which was 12X12 feet that was amazing and Honeymooners can not miss this experience . The pool water was not warm but manageable .

Special features like FREE PHONE which enables Us to call home free is noteworthy . Gym And Massage (Spa) were really great .

Finally Our first trip to Mauritius became memorable and the credit goes to LUX and Mr Suren @ Lux Villa .

Thank You LUX for making my honeymoon fabulous and enjoyable .

Sai Krishna & Pavani

Room Tip: I stayed at Pool Junior Suite on the first day , I have seen Honeymoon suite and Villa and finally o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
chandigarh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We(my family and me) stayed at the resort from the 19th to the 23rd june 2013 and had an amazing experience .We stayed in the ocean view suites .The view from the suites was breath taking .The facilities at the resort are top class .We used the tennis courts quite a lot and found the courts to be really nice and well maintained.
The water sports were all complimentary and the icing on the cake was the use of the telephone booth from where one could make international calls for free.
The beach is beautiful and well looked after. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from Belle Mare a small village.
Our flights were late in the evening and the hotel allowed us late checkout without any charge.

Room Tip: Ocean suites have amazing views however go for the suites which have been refurbished
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PBertrand1, Regional General Manager at LUX Belle Mare, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear joesidhu ,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay at LUX* Belle Mare. I am glad you have enjoyed the beautiful view from your room, the beach and especially the Phone Home booth we feature in all our LUX* hotels. This phone booth allows all our guests to call anywhere in the world their loved ones for free! Beware that it does not work if you call the office!
Sincerely, Pascal
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wendy and I arrived on the 12th June to a lovely welcome drink&cold refreshing towel we where here for 10 days to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary every day was magical.
All the staff treated you as part of the family,our accommodation was a junior suit pool view which was very nice but the best is yet to come after 5 days we were upgraded to a villa which was out of this world many thanks to the lovely lady called Sheila & management.
Food fantastic we ate in all four restaurants very difficult to say which was the best but on a lunch time the beach restaurant was super we would spend 2 hours being pampered by David,Flora,Jennifer and many more.
Great pool sunbeds lovely soft cushions pool attendants very good.
Beach very good cleaned every day.
The Bar very good for cocktails.
Café lux serves fantastic coffees made by Pooja.
Spa lovley Wendy had 2 massages but I went one better and had 3.
Once again many thanks to everyone we will see you next year oops nearly forgot to mention the lovely family we met David,Amy and their lovely children George & Ruby.
Best regards Ross & Wendy.

Room Tip: pool view room you can also see the sea. but if you have the budget then go for a Villa best in the...
Dear Ross and Wendy,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments which I will share with everyone here at LUX* Belle Mare! Sheila, Pooja, David, Flora, Jennifer are truly stars in our resort amongst many others would are truly proud to be part of the LUX* Resorts family. I am glad you also met other lovely guests of ours. I am glad you were able to experience a villa, the villas at LUX* Belle Mare deliver quite a unique experience of luxury and service everyone must try at least once in life.

Thank you again for your feedback, we certainly hope to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at LUX* Belle Mare in the near future! Sincerely, Pascal
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed for 10 nights and where shall I start......after a long flight from London and Singapore we were greeted in reception with a warm smile and a refreshing towel and welcome drink.

We sat while they checked us in, our arrival photo was taken and then shown to our suite. The guy (I can't remember his name but I remember he was from (Estonia) went through the facilities in the room and as we were on HB what was included in our package which was very helpful. We showered and decided to tour the resort which was breath taking as soon as we walked out of our suite from housekeeping, gardener to kitchen staff we were greeted with a smile and a 'bonjour' I thought this was a real touch to the place.

We had our complimentary free jet lag massage at the Lux* Spa which was relaxing and then booked in with a body scrub and full body massage with Asha she was one of the best therapist I have come across if you have time definitely book a session.

Our first evening we dined at The Kitchen and all the staff were helpful and made sure your every need was taken care of. There after we tried The East Roopash was our waiter and after our visit where ever he met us in the resort he greeted us by name which was amazing considering the hotel being so full. We also dined at The Beach restaurant and Pascual and team provided great service.

Although we had a few requests they were all met by the Assistant Housekeeping Manager Raez. Sheila The Guest Relation Manager was really helpful when we had issues with our beds and the complimentary massage was a bonus. The GM Ashish came and met us to apologise for any inconvenience caused which I though was really nice as his team had rectified our issue.....no wonder the team are so good as it filters down from senior management.

Cafe Lux serves delicious coconut lattes and hot chocolates made by Pooja and Fabrice so make sure you grab one while your there.

Lastly I would just like to say a big thank you to the team for a great 'paradise' holiday....Yashmanee, Natesha, Roopash, Pascual and all the restaurants staff. Raez and his team for all our suite needs including the oil burner for our room. Pooja and Fabrice for our crazy tasting latte requests.

Room Tip: Try and book a deluxe suite as they are the newer suites
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
PBertrand1, Regional General Manager at LUX Belle Mare, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear AnnVali ,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at LUX* Belle Mare! We are so proud of all the team members who are working here. I will make sure that Andrei (from Estonia),Reaz, Sheila, Pascal, Roopesh, Asha, Pooja, Fabrice and of course Ashish the great General Manager get a copy of your comments. They are truly wonderful people who use their heart and passion to help our guests celebrate life on a daily basis!
Sincerely, Pascal
BURNHAM, SLOUGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel for our third wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. After approximately 16 hours of total travel from door to door via an Emirates flight via Dubai, we arrived very tired and weary.

Solis (Mauritius), the partner company of The Holiday Company arranged the transfers and excursions and we arrived in a private car from the airport which took about one hour. Check in was quick and easy, we were sat down and given drinks and fruit as refreshments. We were booked in to a junior suite, however despite two e-mails and one phone call prior to our trip requesting a refurbished pool view room, this was not delivered and my mails were not responded to.

The room we were given was very nice although there was a long hair on the bed and certain areas could have done with better cleaning. To anyone reading this you must remember the point is in how these issues are dealt with and not the problems themselves. Of course issues should never occur but they do, anywhere. Lux Belle Mare staff are extremely friendly, caring and passionate and take each fault reported personally. Sheila the front office manager was amazing and immediately called me at the room to say that we would be getting a refurbished room the next day.

The next day, that is exactly what we got and it was beautiful, even the bed sheets were different, amazingly soft!

Food wise we mostly ate in the kitchen (buffet) and at The Beach restaurant and staff to look out for when wanting extra special service are Kris, Marius and Ramesh. All the food is halal and the pork areas are totally separate with separate pots and pans as well.

The pool looked divine but was not heated and hence very cold.

There were many free excursions and some to pay for. We went out on the glass bottom boat for a hour and also paid for a three hour fishing trip via the hotel's own boat house. We were very well looked after especially given that I wear below knee artificial legs and have deformed hands. Two staff went with us on the fishing trip.

Through the tour operator partner Solis, we did the North Mauritius tour and were escorted by an amazingly nice guide called Vom - bless him, he even held me and encouraged me as I went up hills to see the view.

Entertainment was provided at the bar on most nights and we saw Indian dancing which was one of a few we saw. I smoked Shisha at the bar but I felt that the staff struggled when trying to prepare the shisha, this was reflected when I smoked it. I must thank Chica at the bar who was very friendly and welcomed us to the bar on our first day.

We chose half board as being Muslims we don't drink, an upgrade to fully inclusive would be $66 a night which we though was not wrath it for just lunch and a couple of soft drinks.

On Friday I wanted to pray at the mosque and I asked staff if anyone from the hotel goes. They responded with the Chief Secuirty Officer of the hotel, Anwar taking me in his car as he also prayed.

This hotel has to be the absolute best I have ever visited when it comes to service and Lux must be congratulated on this level of service - may you long maintain it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PBertrand1, Regional General Manager at LUX Belle Mare, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear REHAN07860 ,

Thank you very much for your very constructive comments! We are not perfect, you are right! But because we care, we can turn around some potential disappointing situations! We could not do it without some star Team Members such as the ones you have mentioned. Your comments help us to improve our service, we take them very seriously! I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us! Count on us to maintain and improve our standards, you are too important for us to let you down! Sincerely, Pascal
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time in Mauritius and we choose LUX Belle Mare situated on the east coast. Having read previous reviews on various forums this resort ticked all the boxes. Firstly I can not emphasise enough how the staff went out of their way to accommodate us, the service not only in the restaurants but throughout the resort was excellent. We opted for a Pool Suite on a half-board basis, which gave us the freedom at lunchtime to explore other local restaurants. Part of the reason we choose LUX as it is situated on a fabulous beach in a quiet area, the nearest small town Belle Mare is a 10 minute walk away.

The resort offered a variety of water based activities which were free of charge such as glass bottom boat trips (twice daily) and snorkelling to the house reef (twice daily), you could windsurf and also kayak. The snorkelling was good, having visited the Maldives on a number of occasions it will always be difficult to to compare to that but certainly well worth the trip as saw a good variety of marine life. The resort also put on various yoga, stretching classes which my partner loved, volleyball, tennis there was something for everyone. The swimming pool is great a little cold early morning but we found it empty at times which was perfect, there is also an aqua-workout class.

We thought the food was excellent, we ate at each of the restaurants each offering something different. East offered a fusion of Thai, Chinese and Japanese dishes, Senses was more traditional Mauritian, the Kitchen had various themed evenings in a buffet style and the Beach restaurant was great for a burger or grilled fish. Cafe LUX offers some of the best tasting coffee I've had, a blend of various beans which is actually roasted at the resort which you can buy also (makes a nice gift).

The Spa is excellent, we opted on our day of arrival to go for a scrub and full body massage which gets rid of any post flight tension! As a guest at the resort you can use the steam room, sauna and plunge pool at no charge. There is a good range of treatments on offer, we emailed beforehand to find out what the packages and the prices were.

Certain things are expensive at the resort but it is a five star resort at the end of the day, stay in a five star hotel in London and you find inflated prices, it is relative.

Mauritius itself is beautiful, really diverse scenery from La Morne in the South-West to Chamarel (seven coloured earths) to really stunning beaches on the East. Our only regret is we didn't spend longer as we stayed for 7 days but could have done with at least 10 to explore more of the island. My partner and I are already making plans to go back next year, Mauritius has a lot to offer and staying at LUX Belle Mare I highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you can opt for one of the 12 villas, they are stunning.
Dear Andy A ,

Thank you so much for your very nice comments! I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us! We are all so happy that you had tried all our restaurants and almost all the services we offer!
It is true that Mauritius has a lot to offer as a destination and that 7 days are definitely not enough! We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to LUX* Belle Mare in a not so distant future! Sincerely, Pascal
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here 3 days and wished it was longer. The grounds are stunning and our room was very impressive with a small patio leading onto the gardens, a large sitting area and bedroom with separate walk in wardrobe and large bathroom with twin wash hand basins, large bath and double walk-in shower. Very good toiletries provided and large towels, replaced frequently. There was fresh fruit on arrival and a bowl with pretty gardinias again replaced daily. The mini bar was topped up, plenty of water supplied.
There are different beach areas and plenty of options for lazing in the sun or shade. Waiters on hand for drinks, this is quite relaxed so could be a wait. All beach towels provided and exchanged whenever you want. The homemade icecream is delicious!!
We helped roast the coffe for the Lux Resorts which was informative and fun at the Cafe Lux. There are a good range of activities available. So you can be as active or laid back as you like. The walk to Belle Mare village takes about 20 minutes.
The food served at all the restaurants was excellent. The evening entertainment was varied, even got my husband dancing!! The music doesn't go on late as they are very aware of not disturbing other eresidents.
If it wasn't for the longhaul flight we would be back in no time!! Thank you everyone.

Dear MaryD0109,

Thank you very much for your very nice comments! I am glad you have enjoyed our Café LUX* and that you participate in the roasting of our coffee! For the readers who are coffee lovers, it is important to mention that we , at LUX* Resorts, roast our own coffee. The coffee is a pure Arabica blend from Guatemala, Brazil and a little bit of Ethiopia. We look forward to have you tasting it! Thank you again for the great comments! Cheers! Pascal

Been to LUX Belle Mare? Share your experiences!