Most of the reviewers in here are tourists from overseas countries who stayed at the One&Only Le Saint Geran. I, as a local Mauritian, wanted to share the bad experience that my family and I encountered while staying at this hotel. We checked in this hotel on the 10th of February 2013 to celebrate Chinese New Year. We were excited to take a mini break from our daily lives. The welcoming party was great and everything seems to be perfect. The dinner buffet at La Terrasse was yummy and lavish. However, in the morning of the 11th of February 2013, our nightmare began. It was around 7 am when a Guest Relation Officer came to our room to advise us that a coconut had fallen from a coconut tree and had broken the rear windshield of our car which was parked on the parking lot of the One&Only Le Saint Geran. Please be advised that the parking lot of the One&Only Le Saint Geran has plenty of coconut trees and you have to be beware of them. We could not believe that this coconut had fallen off from a tree and happened to break the windshield of our car. It was only the Guest Relations Officer who managed to help us a bit. He advised us that we have to go to the nearby police station to declare this accident. It took us almost half a day to do all those paperworks for this accident. Meanwhile, at the hotel, neither of the top Management had the descency to advise us what are the requirements needed when such an accident happened on the premises of the hotel. We were not even offered any apologies on that same day. We were at a complete lost what to do with the car and what the hotel was planning to do and how would they help us? The insurance company which takes care of our car advised us that it's only the insurance company of the hotel which needs to be involved in this matter. It's only the following day that we went to see the Guest Relations Officer again and asked him that we need to see someone from the top management to help us since we couldn't drive back home in this damaged car and it was also heavily pouring as well. The top management sent their Director of Finance to talk to us about the steps to be taken in this matter. However, todate, things are still running very slowly since the Director of Finance have to liaise with their head office and insurance company which is located in Florida and there is a time difference of -9 hours between Mauritius and Florida, USA.
We are very upset about this whole loss and how One&Only Le Saint Geran is very slow in taking decisions since they have to refer back to their head office in the States. I just wonder if we were not locals and we were tourists instead would One&Only take this matter differently?
Sorry to say, I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare