The hotel is luxury at its best. this was our third visit and the service on the beach was excellent . We found the food good but not quite as many options as on our pervious visits, and certainly less staff to assist at dinner and breakfast. There were quite a few very young children but they seemed to use the kiddy club and were not a problem for couples, like us, on their own. The staff were very helpful. Our room had a couple of faults, a leaky bath and a faulty electric socket, These were reported but not resolved. and our room was in need of an update, but still pleasant. We ate in the two other restaurant which were very nice, but you do not get much of a supplement for not eating in the main restaurant. There is lots to do if you want too, water sports, golf, tennis etc and the spa is excellent, my therapist was fabulous. There was afternoon tea by the pool with pancakes etc, however we were surprised this was not complimentary as other one and only hotel (i.e. reethi rah in the maldives) provide this free. this resulted it people coming together and having drinks at the bar and the children coming together too. which was very nice if you wanted to socialise a little. The afternoon tea at the saint Geran was £8.00 per head which we thought a little over the top. consequently we didn't see anyone there . Over all the hotel is worth a visit. We would go again but would hope there might be a few refurbishments and a few more staff. We only saw our butler on arrival, and as we were leaving our room on the last day. unlike last time were we saw him every day. The assistant manager was always around and made everyone feel very welcome. Mauritius is just a beautiful island. A real treat .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare