We stayed in the One&Only in Sept 2012. We found the beach to be beautiful, clean and exactly as it appears in photos. There are lots of activities and water sports as well. The gym staff is great and the gym is very clean and has nice equipment. Overall, people are friendly and helpful.
We found the buffet dinner to have ample choices even for picky eaters. We tried both of the a la carte restaurants as well (Prime and Rasoi) they were fantastic. We ended up going to Rasoi twice as we found the food to be exceptional. I would normally provide some food recommendations but each dish we had was absolutely delicious so I think there are no “better” choices. The restaurants are a bit pricy – easily $45 for baryiani rice and even more for some of the curries and steak. Each dinner cost us over $300 for two people.
Here is what I think you should know before booking - the extras add up and alcohol is extortionately over priced. Before you come, make sure to make a pit stop at duty free. Believe me, I’m used to overpaying for alcohol living in New York, but $30 for a single shot of gin and tonic in a tiny glass is absurd. I just don’t think I enjoyed the drink $30 worth and over the course of a day / evening you can easily have multiple cocktails which quickly add up. Of course fancier island cocktails are more than the $30 I quoted, but just use that as a reference point. That being said we did order a bottle of wine with each of our dinners as we were on holiday, and wanted to enjoy it, but know you will pay an arm and a leg.
Lunch is so overpriced we wound up renting bikes and finding a few local places that were delicious.
We played golf on two or three occasions, again club rentals and balls are overpriced. I think one ball is like $5 so it’s a bit extortionate again.
Unless you prepay you will not be picked up at the airport. Airport pick up is an extra fee – cant remember what it was but a cab will get you there for half the price.
The other thing to note is that the place can use a bit of an update to the rooms. They are not new or chic by any means. The rooms were quite spacious but do need an update.
Overall, the place was nice but not worth the money. We happened to be traveling around South Africa so Mauritius was a nice beach break after our safari and Cape Town visit, but don’t think we’d be making a 20 hr journey back any time soon considering the Caribbean Islands and BVI are a short 4 hour flight away equally beautiful and for a fraction of the price. That being said South Africa is amazing and a must go. South Africa is definitely worth the journey!
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel
- One Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.