We have just returned from our third visit to this hotel and we had a great time once again.
The watersports are excellent - the waterskiing is particularly good as it's in a lagoon, and the team are always happy to help you learn to sail and ski.
The Fitness team are first rate - we had personal training with Stephan and Ronnie and they really helped us deal with injuries and overall fitness.
We love the tennis - Ashwinder is dedicated to ensuring you enjoy your game and will help in any way he can.
Ramesh and his golf team are also wonderful - always ready to give you tips on how to improve your game.
The best rooms for us are those that open onto the beach - 152 - 132 are on the ground floor and you can open the doors and dive into the sea first thing in the morning if that's what you want to do!
Our gripes are the cost of extras, the average buffet meals, and the lack of stock in the shops - this is clearly a hotel on an economy drive - highlighted by a significant decrease in staff in various departments, and this needs to be monitored as the best thing about this hotel is the commitment and enthusiam of the staff, which is being severely challenged.
The rooms are nice, but could do with a re-vamp to bring the hotel back to its former glory.
The Famous Nne who entertain in the evening are brilliant, and create a great atmosphere.
The hotels has many guests who return year on year because they love the facilities and the general ambience, but this won't neccessarily impress new visitors, so there needs to be less complacency if this hotel is to remain first class.
We will return to Le St. Geran because we always have a consistently good holiday there, but I hope the new management doesn't trade on it's past reputation because the other more negative reviews make some valid points.
If you love sports, then I don't think there is a better option. We also like the Heriage Awali for family trips as it's all inclusive but it doesn't have such good ambience,the Touessrok as we were married there but the sports facilities aren't so good, and the Dinarobin, which lacked atmsophere and you need to travel to the sister hotel for watersports.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel
- One Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.