There is no doubt that this hotel is very good indeed, with excellent staff who are attentive, polite, and helpful, without being irritating.
The half-board food was very good, not amazing, wide range of choices; however, the prices for drinks and extras were exorbitant. One expects to pay more for hotel drinks, mini bar etc., but the prices charged here are not easily justified. You have to pay extra to eat in the other two restaurants, although if on half board you get a €20 pp credit.
Beach good, but of course public, so you can be bothered by beach vendors - use your little red flag and they seem good enough to respect it and all were very polite anyway. Hotel service on the beach is excellent (even down to cleaning your sunglasses for you!), with complimentary chilled mineral water, cold towels, fruit, nibbles and more. Avoid school half term / holiday times if you want to avoid a plethora of often rather spoiled schoolchildren...
The bar pool is very small and not somewhere you would want to get a sunbed as it is really the restaurant, so you really have to be on the beach. There is a small lap pool in the spa.
Fantastic range of complimentary water sports in a sheltered lagoon, bikes, tennis etc.
Live music after dinner was actually rather good, but it is loud and does go on until 11pm, so get a room away from the restaurant / pool area. The rooms are well insulated from noise and are well appointed and spacious, although the fittings are a little tired and dated. The central water feature and gardens running through the centre of the hotel are charming.
Somewhat isolated, although you could get a taxi to the nearest town about 10 minutes drive away - if you really felt the need to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare