We have always stayed on the other side of the island but decided to split our two week stay this year by doing one week at the St Geran and the other at Le Paradis. We had a lovely week at the St Geran because the weather was perfect but we did feel at the end of the stay that we had paid an awful lot of money to stay at what was a disappointing hotel. I think it relies heavily on very loyal clientele who have stayed at the hotel year on year for many years and new clientele who, if they have tried the other side, probably won't go back...like us. We stayed in a Senior Ocean Suite which was quite set back from the ocean so you didn't feel that you were by the sea and the beach was unbelievably disappointing with wire mesh everywhere, seemingly to keep the large stones in place, but the mesh was not well maintained and had very sharp pieces sticking up and there were unsightly coils of it further up the beach. Service was also very slow at this end of the hotel and you often had to seek staff for towels and drinks. There were also loads of sea urchins in the water on this side of the hotel. The other end of the beach (boat shed end) was much bigger and more in line with what you would expect from a hotel of this calibre. The rooms were very well appointed but a little old fashioned and we had to wait ages and ages for any hot water to filter through to the shower. Scuba diving was average. Food on the whole was OK but the lunch (which was the only meal not included on our tariff - the most inclusive you could get) was horrendously expensive for pretty average fare - most days in the region of E200 just for one course and a mediocre bottle of wine and a couple of soft drinks. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The communal areas were elegant although I thought the main restaurant could have done with a bit of sprucing up. The gym was small, although adequate, and the instructor very friendly and willing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Le Saint Geran nestles peacefully in its own private peninsula on the coast of Mauritius, fringed by over a mile of white sand beaches. Terraced and balconied rooms all face out privately to the Indian Ocean. Under the calm sway of countless coconut palms, 60 acres of grounds take in tropical gardens, poolside and ocean dining.Enjoy our complimentary green fees for the Gary Player 9 Holes Golf Course or re-energise with complimentary water sports and water skiing.Children from 3 to 11 years old are more than welcome in our KidsOnly Club, with amazing daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your One&Only Le Saint Geran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Hotel Belle Mare
- Le Saint Geran
- One&Only Le Saint Geran Mauritius/Belle Mare