My wife and I have just returned from Mauritius. We have stayed at quite a few 5 star hotels around the world and this is no disappointment. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to please. We were upgraded to a sweet du to an unusually heavy rain storm caused a leak in our room. Our butler moved everything to the new room for us. I think he must have photographed our the location of everything as when we went to our new room, everything was unpacked in exactly the same place as it had originally been. I would recommend getting a ocean view room overlooking the pool. As this has a bit more atmosphere than some of the other rooms.
The pools are actually used to help cool the air-conditioning units and as a result can get very warm which is great in the evening or when it is raining but not so good on sunny days. The ocean is a better bet if you want to cool down. There is never a shortage of sun beds and the beach staff are on hand to help pick out the best spot. The water sports are all free but you can only go sailing and waterskiing at high tide as the water gets quite shallow and they don't want you to fall on the coral. I would recommend taking some shoes to ware in the ocean as there are some stone fish that can give a nasty sting, although these are quite rare and are not there all the time.
The food is great the buffets are the best I have ever had whilst I would like the beverages to be more reasonably priced, £10 for a small glass of wine is a little steep... My advice take some drink with you and go the the local shop for soft drinks if you want to save a few £££.
The Plantation restaurant is very good and you do feel looked after, the staff make an effort to remember you and always have a few nice words to say.
Overall this was a relaxing place to be and we had a great tome.
Enjoy and book with confidence.
The review by "lya_Voloshin" must be by someone from another hotel as it just is not true, please ignore it completely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius with its elegant colonial style is in perfect harmony with the intense turquoise of the ocean. With its kilometer-long beach of powdery white sand, The Residence Mauritius is one of the most beautiful jewels of the international hotel scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Expedia, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare