My wife and I have just returned from an amazing week at the Long Beach resort. I will attempt to be as comprehensive as possible with regards to my review.
The journey from the airport is roughly 1 hour and upon arrival at the hotel you are given a nice drink, refreshing face towel and check-in whilst seated. The property itself is amazing and the decor/layout is one of the best I have seen globally. It is very elegant, great pools, amazing beach, top class restaurants and classy bars. The elegance also extends to the rooms, with nice bathrooms, refreshing interiors and comfortable beds.
We were on an all-inclusive package, which I personally believe is a must in this resort. Some of the prices for food and drinks were extremely high, although we were able to relax and indulge and not worry about prices. There are a range of amazing a la carte restaurants and we loved having three superb courses for lunch and dinner. Although not everything is applicable for the AI, there are plenty of dishes and we often found ourselves returning for those extra special ones (duck spring rolls, noodles, half-cooked tuna, etc). In addition, there are plenty of drinks on the AI package, including hot and cold, and some nice international wines.
Little things that made our trip special was the respectful nature of the staff, the champagne left in our room as a surprise, the superb massage package, the comfortable beds by and in the pool, the birthday cake made especially for my wife, the cocktail party organised for all guests, and the afternoon tea served everyday at the shores bar with superb scones and freshly made pancakes. My only slight disappointment was the speed of service – although the staff were very respectful and friendly, the service was frustratingly slow at times and not as comprehensive as you would expect from a 5* resort. We would sometimes have to approach staff in order to serve us. However, this would certainly not put me off booking this great resort for the future or recommending to others.
We are already missing the holiday and will certainly return one day...................
- Ask for a room close to the main restaurants and beach. Some were quite far away and we were very lucky that ours was so close.
- Have afternoon tea with the scones at the shores bar.
- The lunch and dinner menus vary, so try each restaurant at different times.
- Water skiing is included and was very fun (although difficult).
- You get a 850 rupee allowance on AI at the Hasu Japanese restaurant and I would recommend using this.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Long Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Mauritius Belle Mare