“Nice place to relax” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Belle Mare
Varna, Bulgaria
“Nice place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'v been there with my wife and friends for 14 days - end of Jan, beginning of Feb'2013...
It's was one of my best trips ever...
Service is very good. Food - perfect. Beach - clean. Water - clean and warm...
Air temperature - very comfort. Rooms - clean and convenient..
And everywhere - nice flowers.
Internet - not so good, but at least can check emails (Skype often is interrupting, android devices cannot be updated etc..)...
That's one of the places where i want to return back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephane J, Resident manager at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
It’s a pleasure to read that you have experiencing a wonderful holiday amongst us and that your first trip has been a successful one. We note your concern with regards to the internet access which was not your entire satisfaction. We would like to inform you that although we have free wifi at the hotel, unfortunately, it has been recommended not to navigate onto Site Updates or Video download sites or any other related pages which slow down the hotel’s connectivity speed and thus pay prejudice to other guests. We would like to thank you for your understanding.

Many thanks again for reassuring us of your return.

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just stayed at Long Beach for 12 nights.The room was very spacious, comfortable and modern.I would recommend this hotel for anyone whether couples or families.On half board the buffet breakfast and evening meal were consistently good. My only criticism concerns their organisation. Many of the tables were outdoor, which is delightful in good weather but when it rains (as it did during my stay) they seem surprised and struggled to cope. Surely a contingency plan should be in place to deal with this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for having chosen Long Beach for stay and we are glad to read that almost all aspects of the hotel have been to your satisfaction. Your criticism has been well appreciated and we take note to review this situation. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel to other families and friends. We hope to welcoming you also back to our hotel soon
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for nearly 10 days over the UK half term break in Feb (16-27) 2013 We've been to Mauritius before having stayed at Le Victoire at the same time but two years ago. Le Victoire is on the East side of the Island whereas Long Beach is on the west side.

We stayed in the larger inter leading family suites - probably the most well appointed suites we've stayed in in our time with our two young girls: extremely spacious and (being a two year old hotel) modern and in very good condition - couldn't fault it in any way. Beds were gloriously comfy and the suite very well sound proofed - we were not aware of any of our neigbours movements. Many people cautioned us about the west side of the island not being as sheltered from the wind as the East side but the hotel has been designed in a way that consciously protects one from the wind when it does prevail. It was never an issue to us as it was a welcome cooling agent!

The resort is large but we never felt it although it may be said by others that some suites are a long walk from the main central facilities. Our room was indeed on the end of the resort but it wasn't an issue for us.

The food was excellent - we stayed on a half-board basis. In addition to the excellent buffet restaurant there is a selection of 5 other a la carte restaurants so one never bores of the buffet style. I was well looked after, being vegan - the chef met us on arrival to ensure we knew that my dietary requirements were being catered for.

The pool is amazing - best pool ever! In pool Jacuzzis were fun and the pool loungers were plentiful - from comfy beds under shade to traditional pool loungers. The under cover bar area by the side of the pool was used quite a bit as February can bring some rather tropical weather. We certainly had more sun two years ago but this trip quite a bit of rain. It never gets cold and one can always shelter from the rain under umbrellas or the bar or restaurants or just stay in the sea!

The beach is long, sandy and white! The coral reef/lagoon was in far better state to the East Coast where we stayed two years ago. The snorkelling was worthhile near the shore and our young girls really got into it. It certainly isn't the standard of the Red Sea by comparison but fun and quite a bit to see but not as colourful as one would hope.

I was impressed by the Wifi coverage in the hotel - a little irritating that you kept having to log in for a session with a non descript password and login name. The speed was usable for me (which is saying something - I am the biggest Wifi ciritc there is) - I was very impressed.

The staff were great too - very friendly and all spoke excellent English. The Kids Club worked well for us too - friendly staff and great facilities - the girls had no problem joining in and very good attention was given to the fact that they were english speakers (Le Victoire was hopeless on this and our girls didn't want to to go as nobody spoke english!)

We didn't use many of the inclusive water sports facilities but it felt (and I may be wrong) that there weren't as many sports as other resorts - this may have been because of the weather but I also may just be wrong. The Spa was also unused by us - but others gave good reviews of it.

Overall - we couldn't fault the resort in any material way - which I have to say is high praise! We felt that it was a meticulously run resort. The fact that it is owned by the same group as Le Tousserok also gives one assurance that Long Beach is one of the leading resorts on the island. We will definitely return - just a totally fabulous place!

• Stayed February 2013
We are very grateful to you for your positive comments and that you found Long Beach to be a fabulous for you and your family. Thank you for taking the right decision to stay at our hotel and that our Angel Club members have been able to satisfy your children which you have appreciated very much. Just a note to inform that Long Beach is on the East Coast. Regarding the sports facilities, we have a lot of activities for all our guests. As you rightly said that due to the rainy weather, we had to minimize the sports activities as there were no participants to take part as per the planned programme.

With renewed thanks for your loyalty and we hope to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our shores in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband travelled to Mauritius first time and were a little sceptical when we booked as we had read a lot of different things about long beach. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with a cold mocktail and seated in the reception which was full of flowers and water features, the building was something special, sort of Miami style/hawiian style we were amazed by the building. Annebella was so friendly she took our info and then escorted us to our rooms.

The best thing about our room 504 was that we could open up our terrace doors and walk straight out onto the beach, maybe just 15 meters from the beach also same distance to the pools. Was an absolute bonus.

Rooms were nice but I guess being in an island like Mauritius you can't complain too much about tiny ants. I did make quite a few calls to house keeping and they did fix that but the ants would still appear.

We are both vegetarians so were worried but all restaurants catered for our needs, special thanks to Luchun and Ravisingh. Really like le maurce and Italian restaurant, glad we went on an all inclusive as the meals always added up to about £40 - £50 each time we ate. So advice to others go all inclusive.

Special thanks to Adish, Soobiraj, manraj, jeshan, jeet, beesham, Michael

All of these made our stay feel extra special and had amazing customer service. Without them our holiday would not have been the same.

The pool area was the best I have ever seen. Loved every minute.

One more advice don't bother paying double the price for a taxi through your tour operator go outside the hotel and ask for raj. Raj was amazing. We were told by mauritour £120 for a driver for a whole day, go outside and they charge half

Def will be going again. Long beach see you all again next year!

Mrs Shroff

• Stayed February 2013
Stephane J, Resident Manager at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The Long Beach team wish to thank you for your compliments about the hotel services and facilities offered which were to your entire satisfaction. Your special thanks to the members mentioned therein have already been passed on to them.
After having read your comments regarding the ants, I would like to highlight that Mauritius being a tropical country and the infrastructure, layout of the hotel which is within the tropical garden and the perpetual subtropical climate, although all beautiful, make unfortunately a “paradisiac” environment for the ants.
However, we would like to reassure you that consistently, all possible precautions are taken through our pest control organization in order to manage this issue rather successfully with a variety of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly treatments, which range from fogging, fumigation, etc. We thank you for your understanding.
With renewed thanks and our team looks forward to see you again at our hotel next year.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I are avid travellers and have enjoyed the hospitality and comforts of leading hotels and resorts around the world. Since starting a family, our desire to travel has not abated and we still seek out luxurious getaways that can now also cater for our families needs. Long Beach is the perfect retreat that offers the optimal balance between decadent five star luxury for adults and entertainment and care for children. This has been our second memorable stay at Long Beach and has now become the destination of choice for our annual family retreat.

I have seen a few rather negative reviews of Long Beach, and while I appreciate that there will be differing views on some areas, some things are undisputable. As an informed traveller, I can confidently say that Long Beach excels in all areas of customer experience.

On arrival we were warmly greeted by the management comprising of Navin, Vedasan and Stephane who checked us in and continued to offer us personal service throughout our stay. Management at Long Beach is notably visible (more so than at any other 5 star establishment that I have stayed at) and are on hand to resolve any issues timeously.

The resort architecture and layout is fresh, vibrant and modern, a refreshing change from traditional Mauritius colonial architecture. The piazza area is stunning and comes alive at night during live performances. Shores bar is constantly abuzz with activity and its manager Vinod is also a talented cocktail maker, brewing delicious concoctions and has a charming rapport with guests. His team is professional and efficient and we had wonderful afternoons sipping cocktails under his watchful management.

The food throughout the resort was of an exceptional quality, and being
big foodies, my husband and I were never disappointed with the quality. Chopsticks serves excellent Chinese dishes and the fresh handmade noodles deserve special mention. Unlike most buffets, Le Marche offered exceptional variety and quality. The desserts and pastries were sublime. Sandy is a talented pastry chef and under her mentor ship, every dessert we tasted throughout the resort was fantastic. She produces macaroons which are comparable with some of the best we tasted across Paris and the special Mille Feuille that she produced for our wedding anniversary brought back fond memories of tea time at Fauchon in Paris. Sandy also has a great rapport with guests, her watchful presence and attention to detail are evident in every excellent dish that leaves her kitchen.
Vedasan is Long Beaches talented and dedicated food and beverage manager and very clearly loves his profession. He produced a special Mauritius feast for us one night after we told him that we wanted to sample more of the local delicacies.

The rooms are beautiful and well appointed with every modern amenity like ipod docking stations and espresso machines. We stayed in two interleading superior beachfront rooms but the family rooms are also great and recommended if you are travelling with young children.

This review would not be complete without mentioning the Angels kid club and it's staff and management. Stephanie runs a tight operation, which is both professional and able to provide a loving and entertaining environment for children of all ages. After a long tough year, my husband and I really needed time out for ourselves, and Stephanie and Vidia were able to make this possible by taking such good care of our children. Mama Vidia was a nurturing and motherly caregiver, and under Stephanies leadership, we have only good things to report back on the kids club.
I feel a bit like I am giving my Oscar 's acceptance speech, because there were so many people who made our stay memorable and I am sure that I may have left someone out. Jenny, our lovely waitress whom my daughter loved, Dani at the pool bar who was always willing to go the extra mile, Varuna with her ready smile and calm demeanour, all the housekeeping staff who kept our room immaculate and produced little touches of flowers and sweets at unexpected times, Michel who was always present, professional and attentive, Dario who made our anniversary so special and Chandan who was quick to address issues.

I have seen reviews that spoke negatively of the service at Long Beach and I recall the words of Long Beaches GM Nicolas De Chalain, who said to us " whatever you give out to staff and how you engage with them, you get back a hundred fold". It is so important that one understands Mauritian hospitality. If you take the time to engage with these warm people, you will be duly rewarded.
We certainly were.

One area of constructive feedback would be the addition of ramps leading to rooms. While we got a much needed arm workout carrying prams up and down stairs, we were happy to wait until we got back home to go to gym, on holiday one really does not need the inconvenience. Baby changing facilities in the bathrooms at the main pool would also be a welcome addition.

All in all though, we will definitely return to Long Beach and have advised many a traveller within our circle of family and friends to do the same. Thank you Long Beach for another lovely stay.
The Daya Family

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are lovely, if travelling with young children, the family rooms are perfect. A...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It’s really great to read all those praises about Long Beach, products and services and our team members professionalism who have excelled in making your holidays and your anniversary a wonderful one. We have no words other than to express our heartfelt thanks to you and your family for your loyalty towards Long Beach. We have passed on your compliments to all those concerned, from the different outlets.
We are eager to welcoming you and your family at our shores shortly for another memorable and enjoyable holidays.
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having read some of the negative comments about all inclusive package and service, I was slightly concerned having booked this resort without checking TA first (very unlike me!). However, I didn't need to be. There were 6 of us in our party and the hotel made sure we were in adjoining rooms. The rooms are fantatic (we stayed in the standard rooms), very high spec and well designed in comparision to other 5 star hotels I have stayed. We were not surprised that some food and beverage items were not included in the all inclusive package, there was no shortage of excellent choices that were and for the most part we didn't feel the need to order outside of this. All the resturants are great, with an excellent choice. We tried the Japanese (which is not included) which was certainly very good but did not differ in quality from the others. The staff were friendly and helpful without exception. The men took advantage of the golf course at the sister hotel and had a great day, we used the spa which was lovely. Overall, I would highly reccomend this resort and would certainly book again if returning to Mauritius which is usually something I never do. Shame the rainfall was higher than usual but can't blame the hotel for the weather!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are more than happy to learn that you have been satisfied with the services offered during your stay at Long Beach although having read few negative comments about the all inclusive package. The whole team would like to thank you for your praises which are indeed very gratifying and we are glad also to read that you have enjoyed the foods at our 5 restaurants.

With reiterated thanks and hope to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to our resort in the near future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Fantastic holiday, on arrival we were made very welcome by the staff after our long flight from Australia, room was great although a little to far to walk to the restaurants and pools, the only issue we had was the bed was very hard, the room was cleaned every day and was spotless and always nice to return to after spending time by the pool. All the staff were pleasant and polite whether in the restaurants, bars or pool areas.

The Spa was excellent and the girls were friendly, discrete and professional with the treatment, my partner and I shared in a couples room for our treatment and massages.

Pools were always clean and in good surroundings and had no problems spending the day lazing around the pools reading, swimming or sipping on cocktails.

Never had a bad meal, my partner is allergic to garlic and nuts, when we advised the chef's about the allergies they would prepare special meals for her, cannot speak highly enough for the way the chef's catered for our needs.

Most important we would like to thank the staff who organised my partners 50th birthday dinner on the beach, every thing was perfect on the night, extremely romantic with lanterns around the table, secluded area and a fire on the beach.

We are now saving for our next holiday to Mauritius and staying at Long Beach with beach front room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beach front room, we had a standard room, good views over the ocean, would have been be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephane J, Resident manager at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
We read with great pleasure that you had a wonderful holiday and a perfect 50th birthday at Long Beach. On behalf of the management, please accept our gratitude for your loyalty towards Long Beach, for those positive comments and the professionalism of our team members. We hope to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our shores in the near future. Kindly let us know the date of your renewed holidays amongst us.

Thank you for having chosen Long Beach and see you soon for another great and enjoyable holidays.

Been to Long Beach Mauritius? Share your experiences!