I never planned on writing a review but after emailing World Leisure (the company we booked the trip through) a list of complaints regarding our recent stay at Long Beach I felt compelled to write one, as Johann Strydom the MD of of World Leisure South Africa would not even offer us a basic apology.
Long Beach is not a five star resort. Plain and simple. The hotel itself is beautiful - no one can take that away from them. But below are some of the issues we encountered during our stay:
- The service is a joke. We had to wait 30-45 minutes for drinks at the pool. Every single time we ordered something, it came wrong or late. Also, the restaurants ran out of all salads two days in a row!?!
- All Inclusive is the biggest scam. 60% of all food and drinks we not included so we landed up paying in a lot at the end
- As beautiful as the beach is, we couldnt sit on it once as there was not sufficient loungers and umbrellas. We met guests who told us that they set their alarms for 5am just so they can go and 'book' their chairs by placing books and towels on them.
- Two out of the three rooms are group took up had faulty aircons
- Our Sea facing room was bush facing.
- We resorted to paying a tray charge and having breakfast in our room everyday as the breakfast buffet was unbearable. You had to wait in a queue for 15 minutes for an egg.
I think its also important that you know that EVERY single taxi driver we went with told us that Long Beach is notorious on the island for its shocking service. We landed up moving hotels after 6 days to spend the rest of our time at Le Touessrok, which was out of this world! It seemed that every staff member there too knew how bad Long Beach is.
When I contacted World Leisure South Africa to complain the MD replied to me saying that it is impossible to respond rationally to my mail as it runs so contrary to the general feedback of vacations at Long Beach. Excellent customer relations.
Long Beach and its management need to face the facts - the service at the hotel is giving it a terrible name with tourists and locals.