We are a young couple who were looking for a last minute holiday, we booked long beach and got a decent deal because we went just before the winter season in Mauritius. You risk unpredictable weather this time of year but it was great during our stay. The hotel is on the windy side of the island but I like this, however if you want complete calm stay on the west side of the island!
We've been lucky to stay in a lot of incredible hotels over the years and in my opinion long beach is right up there. It's modern, clean, beautifully designed from the reception to the gym, the staff are fantastic, food varied and delicious, and our room was amazing! We had a beach front deluxe.
I liked so many things about this place it's difficult to list everything but I'll try and include here the main things I look for when scouring the reviews on TA.
-Rooms clean, spacious, and all in separate blocks of four to six rooms so not main hotel block. This minimises the risk of noise from surrounding rooms. Everything you could possibly need in there; hairdryer, bath robe, wifi, even one of those mosquito things you plug in. Although I was annoyed you had to pay for tea and coffee and for the ladies there was no conditioner so bring some with you!
- Food brilliant in all of the restaurants. Our fave was actually just the buffet. And we've eaten a lot of great Japanese in London and actually I wouldn't pay the extra supplement for the Japanese place if I went back. This was our least favourite meal of the trip.
- Facilities were fabulous. We used the spa which was so luxurious and the treatments fantastic. The tennis, gym, steam room, and lap pool were all great. We also did water skiing and the staff were really good fun and helpful who took us to do this. We don't have kids and usually avoid places unless they are adult only but although there were quite a few children in the hotel during our stay there is a kids club and so much to do we genuinely didn't really notice them! Just went a bit later to dinner also and seemed to miss them.
It wasn't full to capacity during our stay so I can't say if this is the case in high season but there were always plenty of sunbeds and staff available to help out. We always booked for dinner (except the buffet) but table availability never seemed to be a problem.
I would highly recommend long beach. We had a brilliant time, would go back, and have told our friends about it.
The only negative for some I think would be the wind.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Long Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Mauritius Belle Mare