“GREAT DINNER - WHERE IS EVERYONE?” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus 465 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Armonk
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Closest Metro North Stations are located in North White Plains and Mt. Kisco
Valhalla, New York
“GREAT DINNER - WHERE IS EVERYONE?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Opus 465 is basically two dining establishments in one.
Main level you have your bar / dining area where folk rock plays rather loudly.
Upstairs - recently renovated - a very comfortable fine dining setting.

Opus465 has a very extensive menu which at first can be concerning (can they make all these options work) but not to worry. This was our 3rd visit - we've yet to be disappointed.

Stopped by Friday night with two close friends and enjoyed a very nice meal.
Menu choices included - for starters - Tuna Tartar (Excellent) and Steamed Littlenecks which worked. The Cavatelli special with scallops - very good / satisfying. The Chicken Scarpariello was a "home run".

Surprisingly - after great apps and mains - the desserts were lacking.
The Raspberry Cream Gelato and Choc. Lava Cake were both tasteless / boring.

The service was polite and attentive without being intruding. No issues here.

Now the oddity.

We arrived at 7 and requested upstairs seating for a nice quite dinner.
A couple was finishing and left. For the next two hours we had the upstairs to ourselves which was great but we couldn't help wondering why this fine dining establishment wasn't more active on a Friday night. When leaving we noticed downstairs was lite as well. Sure - it's the summer and families are away but still...

Regardless - This was a fine dining experience - again.

A suggestion - how about an occasional jazz night.
Speaking for my friends and I - that would be a great night with the spouses.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Good tempting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Not too many items on the menu, but all of them very tempting. Intriguing selections of pasta, seafood and meat. I tried the duck. Not too fat, quite tender, very juicy. A bit too sweet. But better than most ducks you find in the area. Great and rich dessert selection. Pinot Grigio by the glass is rewarding. Very attentive service. You know you will never go wrong with Opus

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Did a quick search for a lunch near a client of mine in this area. We walked into this place and it was a very relaxing lunch. They have an excellent menu featuring unique salads, burgers, sandwiches and seafood. We had a tuna tar tar appetizer that was very good. My colleague got a salmon sandwich that had at least 8oz of freshly grilled salmon on it. It was very good. I had a salad that was unique and the portions are large which I did not expect. Service was good as well. Prices are reasonable in the sense they at least give you your money's worth with quality food. If in the area again, I'd go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Nice variety - select your own salad makings - excellent steak and generous drinks. Fairly quiet on a Sunday night.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had been to Opus years ago when they first opened. It was okay. I watched it reinvent itself every couple of years. When a restaurant has to keep changing it's menu to draw in business you should take that as a sign that something isn't quite right.
I went to dinner with 2 friends on a Monday evening. We arrived early...5:30. The place was empty but I guess it's to be expected at that time of day. The waiter came and took our drink order and gave us menus. It took them 25 minutes to get back to us. We were the only ones there! So why the wait? We ordered entrees only.The menu is quite extensive. Too big in my opinion.ThHe restaurant isn't that big so I am thinking the turnover of food can't be to quick... so how fresh is the food when there is so much on the menu. . We waited for 30 minutes to get our order. Again, I stress that we were the only ones there. We were finally served and the food did looked nice. That was as far as nice went. I ordered the Veal Milanese. It came with two large cutlets that were so overcooked they were dark brown instead of golden. They were saturated with oil which tells me that they were not cooked at the proper temperature and they tasted as if they had been frozen and just removed from the freezer to the deep fryer. Veal Milanese should be gently pan fried. These did not appear so. The salad was bland and wet. My friend ordered the Manchego Salmon. Also a little overcooked and there wasn't enough cheese to satisfy a mouse. It was pretty much tasteless. The third person in our group ordered rare pan seared tuna which was practically cooked throughout. The waitress asked us if we wanted to order dessert. We though we would at least look at the menu. There was no menu. Instead they presented us with a large wooden tray that held a sample of every dessert they offered. Probably about 12-14 items. They were all crowded on the tray and it was clear that they had just removed this monstrosity from the freezer because you could see the frost and the cold air eminating from it. It was the ugliest display I had ever seen. It had things like fried twinkies and fried oreos.Who eats that anymore? There were a couple of sundaes and cakes but everything looked the same bland shade of beige. Needless to say we passed. They would be better off serving 5 or 6 nicely prepared desserts and just offer a menu. We opted for Cappuccinos and were again disappointed. They coffee was weak and lukewarm and there was no foam. The biscotti they offered along side the cup was as hard as a rock. Now I know biscotti is meant to be crunchy but this was beyond that. I enjoy going out to dinner.
I am in the food business and I am always happy to have someone else cook for me.I could have had a better meal at the Mt Kisco diner. The food there is good and half the price. I won't be going back to Opus anytime soon. Maybe they will reinvent themselves in a couple years .

Visited May 2013