The Maldives are full of high end properties catering for everyones tastes. So, why should you choose Banyan Tree over any other top property? Well, I cannot compare them as this was my first trip to the country and I only stayed at Banyan Tree. But I can tell you why I would come back in a heartbeat. The rooms are amazing, the island pristine, the general facilities faultless and the coral reef is awesome ... well, in all fairness their reef is good, but the one that I am talking about is the one on their sister property - Angsana. They have boats linking the two islands, going back and forth every hour and are free of charge. But these are not the reasons why I would come back. What really puts this property up there (and morally obliges me to write this review) is their level of service. Unfortunately I only came to fully appreciate it when I most needed it. The day before I left island I was struck but I sharp pain that came in the night without warning. I had to go to the hospital, so unbearable it was. I never thought I would have so much support from the island staff. First they got a boat straight away to take me to Male hospital and accompanied me to the urgencies room. Then they sticked around for a really long time, making sure my situation was stable. They paid for the taxi, brought me drinks and snacks and even paid for some medicines. The day after, I had to go back to the hospital to complete the tests and the Villa's butler, on his day off, hanged out with me for the entire day and even had his cousin (that works in the hospital) looking after our needs on a permanent basis. We even had visits from other members of the staff, for god sake. And when we finally went back to the property to pack our stuff and catch the plane, they allowed us to late checkout and sent food to the room (again, all free of charge). We got into the property as strangers and left as friends, where everyone knew who we were and made us really feel at home. Thank you so much Banyan Tree and a special thanks to the people that really stood for us in those difficult moments (you know who you are)!!!
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Maldives
- Banyan Tree Maldives Hotel
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cast away on a secluded coral atoll in the paradisaical Maldives archipelago, you experience a sense of magic, romance and tranquility at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru that's second to none. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.