We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (room nos. 21 and 26) end February 2014. Having visited the Maldives 13 times and stayed at 5 different resorts over the years, Angsana Ihuru was certainly not as satisfying as any of the others, which were priced above as well as below this one. The rooms are about average by Maldivian standards, but the "arty" shower is really annoying. It wets the entire bathroom and one ends up having to mop the whole room down after every use. Water-temperature regulation too, sucks. Snorkelling gear is free, but when we went to the dive centre to get some the first morning, we were informed to come back at 4 pm for a briefing. A whole day wasted! The 5-minute briefing, however, is useful, but there is no reason to waste a day waiting for it. The main spoiler of the whole experience was the European manageress who, unlike the friendly Asian staff, was cold to the point of hostility. No smile, no courtesies and even at check out, when settling the bill, not so much as a "thank you". Just pay up and go, seemed to sum up her attitude. She should definitely not be in the hospitality business. It is also not welcoming, the moment guests arrive, to produce a detailed bill and ask them to pay it. Registering a credit card is OK: everyone does that. But this is the first resort I have been to (except cheap motels, maybe) where I have been asked to settle my entire bill up front. It kills the welcome. I paid it, of course, rather than starting an argument there, but when I checked it through later I found that the amounts billed were higher than those quoted on the Booking.com website, through which we reserved. With some 200 other resorts to choose from, I'm pretty sure we will never use Angsana or their sister group Banyan Tree, again. That said, the house reef is better than at most resorts, and almost all the local staff (including their airport receptionist) very friendly, helpful and courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most picturesque islands in the Indian Ocean, Ihuru is an exquisite tropical paradise waiting to be discovered. Blessed with palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear waters and pristine house reefs, the eco and guest-friendly retreat is located on the North Malé Atoll, just 20 minutes by speedboat from Malé. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Escapio, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Ihuru, Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives Hotel Angsana
- Angsana Hotel Maldives Ihuru
- Angsana Resort Maldives Ihuru