Ihuru is an absolutely stunning, intimate island with what must be one of the best house reefs in the Maldives. We went to Meeru two years ago and stayed in a Water Villa but Angsana Ihuru completely eclipses that experience, it is in a different league.
All of the staff, from being met at the airport and on the island itself to the housekeepers and waiters, are excellent, friendly and seem to enjoy their work.
The villas are well appointed, contemporarily furnished, decorated and have granite tops in the bathroom, additionally having a garden area with Maldivian swing is a nice touch and ideal for escaping the sun in the afternoon.
Whilst the food is generally very good it is on a 'weekly rota' so if you are staying longer than 7 nights it will repeat itself. Dinner alternates between a la carte and buffet, lunch is always buffet as is breakfast, as we have very little will power we found ourselves eating 3 large meals a day, usually with a curry dish featuring every lunch and dinner. My only critisism would be a lack of choice at breakfast, so I ended up with toast and fruit every morning, I did however convince myself, and my wife, that this would of course offset the effects of curry at both lunch and dinner.
The wine list is very good but unfortunately only a handful are available by the glass.
As I've already said the house reef and it's marine wildlife are both oustanding, the reef completely encirles the island and at some points is only a few yards from the beach.
Overall our experience has been fantastic, we don't normally like to return to holiday destinations but Angsana would certainly merit another visit.
As a slight aside another reviewer has mentioned the timing of Emirates flights, 2.20AM, and having to hang around the airport for hours. We left Angsana at 3.00PM, but had booked a room at the airport hotel, Hulule, there are two alternatives, a day room which needs to be vacated by 10.00PM or if you book for the night you can check out whenever you like. We had checked in on for a flight on line at Angsana in the morning so didn't need to leave Hulule until after midnight. The cost is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most picturesque islands in the Indian Ocean, Ihuru is an exquisite tropical paradise waiting to be discovered. Blessed with palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear waters and pristine house reefs, the eco and guest-friendly retreat is located on the North Malé Atoll, just 20 minutes by speedboat from Malé. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Escapio, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Ihuru, Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives Hotel Angsana
- Angsana Hotel Maldives Ihuru
- Angsana Resort Maldives Ihuru