Stayed here 4 nights, paid for BV, instead got JBV! (We used the jacuzzi only once.)
The island and resort was just as I expected: beautiful location, great,modern, comfortable villas with many possibilities to lie around and read, my favourite was the swing! Staff firendly, altough I wasn't totally satisfied with our waiter. But room attendant was very accurate, he always asked when we got out, some days he came in and made up the room even 3 times.
Reef is fantastic, one can snorkel around in 1,5 hour maybe, there is a wide variety of fish, just be patient and lucky! We have seen many sharks, 2 spotted rays and one green turtle.There is also a spa, we got a 2-hour treatment, it was really great, the girls were very skillful. But beside the spa and snorkelling or diving, there isn't a lot of things to do: they arrange some trips to Malé, local village, dolphin visit etc, so bring good company with you! Once we went to the neighbouring island to see the feeeding of rays, it is interesting. But if you want to see also the turle feeding, do not forget to bring snorkelling equipment, as the cage is not on shore (we weren't warned about this, so missed the turtles).
But Angsana seemed a better island, than the Banyan Tree!
And as I expected, it is not a cheap place: a handful of Haribo bears or chestnut is 9 Usd, as a Martini Bianco, too. A coke is 5 or 6 USD. 90 minutes massage: we got a discount, instead of USD 120 it was 95. 30 minutes head massage USD 60. Malé trip USD 60, local village 90/person.
Food: even good quality. I liked all the dinners (one day it is a buffet, the other a set menu), there is always a fish, tuna or reef fish, but nothing special, I missed red snapper :-( In-room dining is fine. Breakfast: a lot of flies in the restaurant at this time, I do not understand why they do not handle this question. Coctails: 11-29 USD (29 is a champagne cocktail), with low alcohol content.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most picturesque islands in the Indian Ocean, Ihuru is an exquisite tropical paradise waiting to be discovered. Blessed with palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear waters and pristine house reefs, the eco and guest-friendly retreat is located on the North Malé Atoll, just 20 minutes by speedboat from Malé. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Escapio, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Ihuru, Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives Hotel Angsana
- Angsana Hotel Maldives Ihuru
- Angsana Resort Maldives Ihuru