My girlfriend & myself spent 5 nights at Angsana Ihuru from 16 to 21 Dec 2011. We would recommend this place to anyone that love snorkeling. The island is surrounded by beautiful coral reef that is filled with rich marine life. We spent many days snorkeling round the island (it takes about an hour) & we saw many reef sharks such as the nurse sharks, whitetip & blacktip. We also spotted tuna fish, baby baracuda, lion fish, parrot fish, puffer fish, eagle ray & a huge moray eel. I strongly recommend the night snorkeling tour as you will be amazed by the night marine creatures such as the spider crab, starfish, squid, urchin, snail, lobster & plankton that glows when you switched off your lights. But do give night fishing a miss as there were hardly any catch among the 15 of us who went out & they charge you USD20 to cook the fish you caught on top of the USD65 for the trip.
The luxury villa that we stayed is pretty old & the bed is uncomfortable. Gym equipments are not well maintained, especially the step machine which has a loose pedal. The food in the resort taste blend & has limited choices. And we had the same buffet spread for breakfast for 5 consecutive mornings! Service quality among the staffs is average in general. As a result, I would only recommend Angsana Ihuru for a maximum of 2 nights stay.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives Hotel Angsana
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives Hotel
- Angsana Hotel Maldives Ihuru
- Angsana Resort Maldives Ihuru
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most picturesque islands in the Indian Ocean, Ihuru is an exquisite tropical paradise waiting to be discovered. Blessed with palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear waters and pristine house reefs, the eco and guest-friendly retreat is located on the North Malé Atoll, just 20 minutes by speedboat from Malé. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Angsana Ihuru, Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.