Helengeli is just wonderful. The end.
Actually that's all there is to say. But since I know that you want some more details, I'll try to explain you, why Helengeli is wunderful.
First of all, this was my first trip to the Maldives. I've never been there before and I can't compare this island to others.
I'm pretty sure, there are more luxurious islands than Helengeli. There might be some with fancier restaurants or bigger pools or wider beaches or with nice big flatscreens in the Bungalows and private jacuzzi... etc...
But if you ask me: that's not what the Maldives are about. You should not go there to be sitting in your whirlpool. You should go there because of the nature, the weather and the sea! And that's what I love about Helegeli. There are no water bungalows that spoil the view or even concrete wave breakers out in the water. Despite the hotel buildings and the bungalows, the island looks still quite natural and the houseriff is just unbelievable! I've seen sharks, turtles, eagle rays, and everything else you can dream of - just a couple of meters away from the beach. This is true luxury!
Furthermore, the service is perfect. The staff is really friendly and helpful. They're really trying hard to make it the perfect holiday for you. The bungalows and the whole island are really clean and tidy.
So. I really don't know what else to ask for. If you don't like it there, you must either be very grumpy or very spoiled...
- Also Known As:
- Helengeli Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Helengeli Island Hotel
- Hotel Helengeli Island
- Helengeli Island Resort Maldives/North Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Helengeli you experience the natural beauty of the Maldives at its best. Lush tropical vegetation, completely untouched beaches of the finest white sand surrounded by a turquoise lagoon and a fantastic house reef - the unique charm of this secluded Maldivian island will captivate you as soon as you step onto it. The resort has been completely renovated and reopened only in October 2004. It has been designed and developed with the preservation of the island's fragile environment and your comfort in mind. The result is an unspoiled island paradise with all the amenities that will make you feel completely at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Helengeli Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.