Firstly I would like to make it clear the island food etc especially the reef snorkelling etc etc is faultless. However please be aware of what may happen with your accommodation.
My wife and I stayed here on a short 2 day transfer whilst staying in a beach front woodland and ocean view jacuzzi beach villa aip on another island. We took the opportunity to visit Helengeli as we do to gain further thought for future vacations to the Maldives.
The problem was we were allocated one of I think four units of which were in a quite unkept area compared to all the other units i.e no ocean views, no soft sand to walk on as the others do, in a darker area infront of the harbour shielded by a very large tree and overgrown bushes this would be no.26 . we grinned and beared it as we were only there for the 2 nights. On the second morning we returned from a fabulous breakfast to find nos 25.27 & 28 occupied by around 12 younger very inconsiderate adults playing music taking up any free space outside of our accommodation.....though concerned again we were not sticking around as there is plenty of snorkelling to be done so off we went.
As we were leaving the next morning we wanted to get an early night good sleep so that we could benefit from being up earlier and get some last Helengeli snorkelling in before departing.
At 1:45am we were awoken to loud music general excited hyper singing talking shouting in the adjacent room 25 and the two other rooms 27 & 28, doors continually being opened and closed people backwards and forwards in front of our room porch lights left on.... by 4am enough was enough security was called denied anything was wrong and so I called the island manager he duly came along and agreed this was unacceptable [by now all had gone quiet] and there was nothing he could do. What had happened was the island had a staff party and thes 12 persons were the staff entertainment group that had just returned from their night of fun! no problem with that but giving us accommodation in the middle of them!?
An apology was given by the manager but our night was ruined with only an hours sleep.
So please be aware rooms 22 - 28 are not the to be recommended as this is clearly what they use for staff entertainment and non holiday makers.
This was a real shock to us as we have never experienced anything like this before and have visited several islands with nothing but courtesy.
- Also Known As:
- Helengeli Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Helengeli Island Hotel
- Hotel Helengeli Island
- Helengeli Island Resort Maldives/North Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Helengeli you experience the natural beauty of the Maldives at its best. Lush tropical vegetation, completely untouched beaches of the finest white sand surrounded by a turquoise lagoon and a fantastic house reef - the unique charm of this secluded Maldivian island will captivate you as soon as you step onto it. The resort has been completely renovated and reopened only in October 2004. It has been designed and developed with the preservation of the island's fragile environment and your comfort in mind. The result is an unspoiled island paradise with all the amenities that will make you feel completely at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Helengeli Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.