We just stayed 11 days on this wonderful little island. Arriving at this place means you don't go off it unless you take a tour or go diving. The island is small, very small and completely inhabitit by the resort. Even when the resort is full you hardly notice it. Every rooms/(house) has their own sunbeds so no running for sunbeds in the morning. The rooms are a little worndown but the beds a good, the shower is nice and the rooms are cosy and very clean. The room is kept clean by a roomboy who come in as soon as you've left, its great! Depending on the current you'll have your own piece of beach in front of you door. (We had room 114 and a beach!)
11 days of eating in the restaurant is a little bit much.. The first days the amount of choices and food is almost overwhelming but later on it gets very, very boring. Although there is always space for their delicious cakes!
Around the island lays the house reef. The best snorkeling ever! We seen more fish snorkeling than diving. Sharks, turtles, tuna, barracuda, all!
You can rent snorkeling equipment from the resort (10 dollars per day) but its better to buy your own.
When diving you"ll meet Torsten, Carmen and Guido. They are great, especially Guido. He talks about diving with so much passion.
The downside of this resort is the 4 dollars you pay for 1,5 litre of water. Every drink you take is very expensive, be aware! (Pack a little waterboiler electric waterboiler if you have the space!)
The is not alot of pampering going on but thats fine with us. Internet works incredibly slow. The little shop sells very small amounts of sunscreen (bring enough) and outrages expensive snorkeling gear..
When you have the space in your suitscase pack some snacks, there is nothing available on the island.
The swimmingpool is not big but nice, chill and has salty water (instead of chlorine)
But most of all: enjoy the snorkeling!
- Also Known As:
- Eriyadu Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Eriyadu Island Hotel
- Hotel Eriyadu Island
- Eriyadu Island Resort Maldives/North Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bounty of an exorbitant coral reef, an adobe laying atop a tropical island & a gold tinted stretch of your private beach while the day slumbers into the dusk. In the heart of the Indian Ocean, on the end of Malé atoll, lies the island resort, Eriyadhu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Eriyadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.