This resort is ideal both for divers and snorkellers, both benefiting from the fabulous house reef - turtles, white tips, eagles rays and more plus the great dive sites around and the fab diving team. Nothing was too much trouble for Carmen and Guido, even when our reg went for a Burton on the second dive (after a service, no less in the UK). They gave us one free of charge for the rest of our stay - top customer attention! The dive boats are good, though it would help to have one with a working loo for day trips...
We chose a superior room and it was fine - they delivered new TVs when we were there but a facelift for the rooms would have been money better spent. The rooms were always kept clean but they do look a little tired. They are not well soundproofed - the couple next door had the TV on and we could hear every word, not to mention his snoring all night. All the rooms are in pairs, so it is not ideal if you are a light sleeper.
The restaurant was super and our waiter, Abdullah, could not be faulted. He provided brown sugar for breakfast ( not on the tables), a pepper mill as well and was discreetly attentive. The choice of food was good too - always a huge selection from vegetarian through curries to meat and fish - cooked in various different ways, so that even after ten days, the meals were not repeated. The chefs were great - they even gave me a plate of fruit to take diving as I am not an early bird and cannot face breakfast at 0700!
The decking area of the bar is great to watch the sunset and boats coming and going from the island. There are no flights so it is pretty quiet. There is an all-inclusive drinks package but as divers, we did not choose it. True, the booze is expensive but it's the same all over the Maldives.
All the staff were really great - they made our room look beautiful when they discovered it was our wedding anniversary. There are not too many other facilities - who cares!! However, my husband enjoyed his massage.
I would recommend this island to anyone for diving and service - just give the rooms a refurbishment and better soundproofing and it could not be faulted.
- Also Known As:
- Eriyadu Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Eriyadu Island Hotel
- Hotel Eriyadu Island
- Eriyadu Island Resort Maldives/North Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bounty of an exorbitant coral reef, an adobe laying atop a tropical island & a gold tinted stretch of your private beach while the day slumbers into the dusk. In the heart of the Indian Ocean, on the end of Malé atoll, lies the island resort, Eriyadhu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Eriyadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.