My hubby & I celebrated our honeymoon in this wonderful resort full of friendly staff and beautiful scenes! We stayed in water villa 309 but was view was obstructed by resort's boats anchored nearby (our villa was quite near the main area of the resort, i.e. restaurants, pier, etc). Try choosing villas from 311 onwards.
1) Raining season when we visited. Best time to visit is in Dec & Jan. Stayed for 4 nights, raining 2 nights.
2) A lot of ants wondering around. Do not leave sweet stuff around! Made a comment to the resort.
3) Love the in villa dining! They have on deck BBQ (we didnt try this), on deck picnic (we tried this and nearly faint at the amount of food-note next time just order for 1). Based on the 1st day dinner price (USD75/person for maldivian night), our in villa dining was much cheaper (that also depends on what you order-less than USD40 for pasta & pizza)
4) There are on deck massage but we didnt get it because we were informed that only 1 person can do at 1 time and limited massage can be done (due to materials needed)
5) Snorkeling gear is free of rent so that's great!
6) Daily excursions keeps you occupied if you dont want to stay in your room :) but our glass bottom boat & dolphin cruise was cancelled due to weather condition. Other excursions include to MALE, snorkeling resort's reef, snorkeling outside reefs, etc
7) Breakfast was good! Only 2 sets of buffet breakfast alternately served daily
8) In villa nuts are not free! We were informed that it was when we checked in -- this was really disappointing!
9) In our villa, we had players so you could bring your DVDs to watch or I think you can also get them from the resort's retail shop
10) For our honeymoon package, the resort provided 1 bottle of champagne/sparkling wine and 1 dinner (complete with photo of both of us). Dinner was suppose to be on the beach but unfortunately it rained and we ended up couped in the corner of the restaurant but food was good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male
- Baros Maldives North Male Atoll