My wife and I spent our 10 night honeymoon on this idyllic island and absolutely loved every second of it. Baros itself is beautiful, set on a lush tropical island surrounded by a clear blue sea and soft white sands.
We could not fault the place at all.
We stayed in a deluxe villa but having compared it to others on the island we were more than happy with it, especially as our bit of beach had the sun all day. Admittedly the pool water villas will be a must next time! We stayed in villa 109 and was well looked after by the attendant.
The food was fantastic in all three restaurants. There was plenty of choice in Lime and something different for everyone. We tried cayenne once which was nice but preferred Lime in terms of menu range. We dined at the Lighthouse restaurant once and had a fantastic evening, the food and service was excellent, yes its more expensive but worth it especially with the view. We would recommend the lighthouse bar for early evening drinks whilst watching the sun set and eating delightful canapés.
We even had a sandbank dinner which was our favourite experience of the holiday. We would highly recommend it as a ‘one-off’. To be waited on and looked after all evening and served fantastic food was great and dining under the stars and moonlight in the middle of the Indian Ocean was something else. Our waiter, Hussein and chef, Indy were both terrific and took care of us.
Which leads me to all the staff, they were all amazing with no exception. They are all genuinely warm and friendly and want nothing but to share their special island with you. Special shout outs go to Shuhan and Andrea who were both brilliant and extremely helpful. In the lighthouse bar Yenny and Nitin were fantastic; in the Lime Swati and Faisem were also fantastic and looked after us well.
I can only support everyone’s comments on the reef, it was stunning. Not having snorkelled on a reef before it was amazing to see the variety of marine life including sharks, turtles and numerous fish. Be sure to go snorkelling from the bit of beach near the cayenne restaurant and swim out past the lighthouse as around here was arguably the best coral. For the novices amongst you, the discovery scuba dive is worth doing, thanks to Ahmed for taking us out on the reef and showing me the ropes. A tip though – be sure to specify up for whether or not you want them to take the dive centre’s camera as a bit of confusion almost led to a $35 charge to the bill.
Overall, had a fantastic time and would definitely return one day. Yes it’s expensive but it is what it is, sometimes you pay more for the quality and given its location then it’s actually fairly reasonable.
We are suffering from a major Baros blues hangover!
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male
- Baros Maldives North Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.